cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird house number address

I bought something off ebay and didn't realize my shipping address was wrong until today, after I received confirmation it was delievered to my mailbox. In the address everything is correct except the house number is written as "5826-5898." I have no idea what this means or where it was delievered to. Neither of those house numbers exist on my street. Does anyone know where it would've been delievered to?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You should probably contact the post office. They can check the GPS location of the delivery.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You should probably contact the post office. They can check the GPS location of the delivery.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No we would have no way of knowing, nor would your seller.  You need to locate your local PO and see if they can help you track it down.

BTW, this is NOT your seller's fault.  They shipped to the address you provided them.  They would have no way of knowing that there was something wrong with the address.

Make sure you update your Ebay account addresses and your PayPal account.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, definitely update your address on eBay account to avoid more lost packages. And contact USPS with the tracking number, ask to ship to your correct address. Hope you find it!

We had someone's package sitting downstairs for over a month, until I figured out that the addressee doesn't live here! So I wrote a note to USPS saying there may be a mistake in the house number, please find the addressee, or ship the package back to the sender.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@nctzen160707 wrote:

I bought something off ebay and didn't realize my shipping address was wrong until today, after I received confirmation it was delievered to my mailbox. In the address everything is correct except the house number is written as "5826-5898." I have no idea what this means or where it was delievered to. Neither of those house numbers exist on my street. Does anyone know where it would've been delievered to?

That sounds like what you see when you search for a valid address on the website. Sometimes it gives you a range of street numbers.

Go to the USPS website and enter your address to find a zip code. See if you get the above range.

Another thought, was that address you mentioned on the purchase order or on the email confirmation?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply