cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS Has to Offer Free Returns in May???

I did a Google search and came up with this:

Top Rated sellers will be required to offer 30-day free returns to be eligible to receive the Top Rated Plus discount and badge. Some category exceptions apply.

So it really is true? Starting in May to get the measly 10% discount and supposed higher placement in search results I have to offer free returns?

I sell mostly clothing and there is NO WAY I will offer free returns!  

I'm done bending over backwards for the TRS!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: TRS Has to Offer Free Returns in May???

TRS Plus not the standard TRS.

TRS gets the postage discount

TRS + gets postage discount and 10% off fvf

and yes, for TRS+ mandatory free returns. You might want to read he spring update.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@191paulawrote:

I did a G.... search and came up with this:!

Why would you do that?  The Selling Board is full of information on the updates and there was a link to the announcement posted.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Do you not read the Spring or Fall updates when ebay sends them out?  They are very important to be able to keep up with the constant changes.  This information just came out in the Spring update along with new store prices and other things.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hey alan@ebay  @Anonymous tyler@ebay-

I know it's locked for posting, but why is the SSU DB in Retired?  and cannot be found in any of the DB menu dropdowns?  It's only been 10 days and some are still learning about the SSU.  There's relevant information and answers that should always be accessible.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

From the update concerning TRS+ and "free returns":

Some categories are exempt from offering returns to receive Top Rated Plus discounts. Will those continue to apply?

- Yes. Current exceptions will continue to apply.

Exceptions to the Top Rated Plus requirements for discount eligibility

~M

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I will read it but wanted a quick answer. Been too busy with a relative in the hospital.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lintbrush* wrote:

I know it's locked for posting, but why is the SSU DB in Retired?  and cannot be found in any of the DB menu dropdowns?  It's only been 10 days and some are still learning about the SSU.  There's relevant information and answers that should always be accessible.

Hi @lintbrush*, this board was made read only at the end of the second day after the Seller Update but can still be found through the search function on Community. We wanted to avoid cluttering the Navigation Bar with read-only boards, but the content is still available for our Community to reference. Definitely keep us posted if you are having trouble finding an answer to anything!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

We wanted to avoid cluttering the Navigation Bar with read-only boards, but the content is still available for our Community to reference.

So, why not put a selection there for 'Archived Seller Updates' that would lead to all of them?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

@lintbrush*wrote:

Hi @lintbrush*, this board was made read only at the end of the second day after the Seller Update but can still be found through the search function on Community. We wanted to avoid cluttering the Navigation Bar with read-only boards, but the content is still available for our Community to reference. Definitely keep us posted if you are having trouble finding an answer to anything!

@Anonymous

I can find it because I'm active on the boards, but it still takes many steps.   Yes, some of us can provide links, but we can only do so much.

With something as important as the Spring Seller Udpate and answers by staff  to member questions & concerns, I strongly feel it should be made more prominent for more time - even up to the time that the changes go into effect.  

Heck, posts don't get hidden and archived that fast and the SSU Discussion Board has extremely relevant, current information on big, upcoming changes. 

I think this is a poor decision.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have been confused all day and have read myself into a tizzy.  Your answer seams to answer my questions.  I completely forgot about trs vs trs plus.  If I do not offer seller paid returns, I already offer 30 day returns for any reason,  buyer pays return shipping.  Gave it try when it was brought out and while I don't really know if I gain biz from it,  it has not hurt at all.  I would think it helps but have no way of really knowing.  I was convinced I would try it for a short time and then have to back out but I was completely wrong.  But seller paid returns really scares me.  So while I will give them a try I expect it to be short lived trial but who knows.  I was convinced before it would increase returns a lot but it did not.  Hope the same happens.

So the only things I would lose not using seller paid returns is

The trs plus badge on the listing page.

The 10% discount. 

I would keep trs status, thus keep my shipping discounts I get from from higher volume

Free listings have nothing to do with trs they come from type of store.

free shipping supplies comes from store type not trs.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If you have used the free shipping without many returns then switching also to seller paid returns probably is not going to cause many problems. In most cases if a buyer wants a return and if they are bent on not paying for return shipping they will file a SNAD anyway. The free returns may boost sales even more so it may be worth a try and then you can always switch back to no free returns if it is cutting into your profit margains too much.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply