cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with eBay's return protocols!

I sold a top to a buyer who didn't read the description and blamed me because the item didn't fit. Measurements were clearly listed but she read bust measurement as a size. I agreed to the return saying I was sorry she didn't see the measurements. After several nasty messages from her I waited for return. The next day she actually filed a return through eBay system stating "item not as described." I immediately called eBay and the agent read through the messages and agreed that it was buyer remorse. He said he would change it - a few hours later I received a message from eBay saying they had advised the buyer to return and as soon as it showed being received by me they would refund her original purchase plus original shipping. It should reflect my 20% restocking fee and not include original shipping as it was deemed "buyer" remorse. I called eBay back and was told this was their "protocol" - what about the original agent's conversation? I asked for a supervisor who would not budge. Supposedly when I get it back I'm supposed to refund correct amount through Paypal then call Paypal and have conference call with eBay to close it out. I am so annoyed! As sellers we work hard and my listing was correct. Because the buyer decided to lie I have to jump through hoops? We need  a "seller uprising" to do something about eBay's ridiculous handling of returns. Buyers know all they have to do is say "not as described" and they'll get a refund.    

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

BUYERS KNOW THE SYSTEM, I GET SHAFTED LIKE THAT ON A REGULAR BASIS- THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO AVOID PAYING RETURN SHIPPING, AS A SELLER YOU HAVE 2 STRIKES AGAINST YOU FROM DAY ONE, YOUR NOT A BUYER AND YOUR NOT EBAY.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Success! After my 4th call to eBay I finally got it resolved. It was delivered yesterday and true to their message eBay refunded their entire amount even though it was marked buyer remorse by their own employee! It was delivered late last night and refunded before I even got up this morning! After a call to the "appeals" dept it was reversed and buyer is only getting 80% of their original purchase price and not original shipping. eBay had already forced them to pay return shipping. BUT we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to protect ourselves, as sellers, from dishonest buyers!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@scottiepup wrote:

Success! After my 4th call to eBay I finally got it resolved. It was delivered yesterday and true to their message eBay refunded their entire amount even though it was marked buyer remorse by their own employee! It was delivered late last night and refunded before I even got up this morning! After a call to the "appeals" dept it was reversed and buyer is only getting 80% of their original purchase price and not original shipping. eBay had already forced them to pay return shipping. BUT we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to protect ourselves, as sellers, from dishonest buyers!

eBay isn't reversing the buyers refund. Hate to burst your bubble but they can't. The buyer keeps the full refund and eBay is compensating you out of ebays pocket. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 4
latest reply