cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Spain?

Hello,,, I sold a handbag to a customer in Spain. It is their first ever purchase on eBay ....... should I feel concerned with it travelling to Spain? I don't have any previous experience shipping to Spain and I am going to check the cost of shipping it USPS prioirty interntaional EMS to have tracking on it.

Suggestions please?

Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Shipping to Spain?

Your listings says that you ship to Spain using USPS Priority Mail International for $47.20. You should not be advertising international sales if you are concerned with items traveling internationally.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Very true, thank you .... 😞
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Priority Mail Int'l will include tracking so you don't need to upgrade to Express. 

You can add insurance through the post office but I would not recommend them for it.  Instead I would insure through a 3rd party like Shipcover or U-Pic.  It is easy and cheap. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much, I appreciate your response 🙂
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Priority Mail International automatically includes up to $200 indemnity at no extra charge.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
Priority Mail International automatically includes up to $200 indemnity at no extra charge.

~~C~~

Is that specifically for Spain @duchess-at-speakeasy or does it vary country to country?  Just curious if you knew. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It's $200 indemnity for ALL Priority Mail International packages. Of course, if the actual value of the contents is less, you can't claim $200.

Some countries, such as the UK, do not allow purchase of additional insurance in any amount so the $200 automatic indemnity is useful. USPS previously provided automatic indemnity based on weight; I recall that the maximum for 1 lb. was about $67.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply