cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Times

Why is it that some of the small items I buy from vendors in the US sometimes take as long to get to me as items from Chinese vendors?  I notice that the Chinese mostly send the items out the same day while the US vendors take several days before they have a tracking number..

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Times

Because many who sell on eBay are not a business with a lot of volume sales.

Some sellers are individuals who are selling a few things, and it is only practical for them to go to the post office once a week ... or they live far from a post office ... or they are out of town, and will ship when they return.

If shipping speed is important to you, then eBay provides you with estimated delivery times, and you can choose only those sellers that will get the item to you more quickly.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Because many who sell on eBay are not a business with a lot of volume sales.

Some sellers are individuals who are selling a few things, and it is only practical for them to go to the post office once a week ... or they live far from a post office ... or they are out of town, and will ship when they return.

If shipping speed is important to you, then eBay provides you with estimated delivery times, and you can choose only those sellers that will get the item to you more quickly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I  agree that the U.S. seller might have a regular job and only can get to post office certain days. 

Could be the U.S. seller had to go buy it first, not many vendors/sellers carry a whole lot of stuff on hand anymore. I been having problems buying things in multiples at the local part stores lately.  

Might not all be blamed on the seller though either. I live in Wi. and mailed a package to France and to Il at the same time once.  The package going to France was delivered first, a few days before the Il. delivery which was only about a 45 minute drive if I would have taken it there myself.  Just remember they have a certain route it takes depending on where it is shipped from and where it is going. My package going to France got on the plane and was already in that country before the truck left the post office hub for the route to the Il. hub.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply