cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping - Retail Ground no longer shown.

Hello,

Starting about three days ago, I was no longer shown the option to ship by USPS Retail Ground. I now only have the options - parcel select, priority mail package, and priority mail express package.

When I check the actual USPS site, I am offered Retail Ground as an option. I called eBay, and they said they only show what is available from USPS, but couldnt explain why I dont see Retail Ground. They suggested I use, Parcel Select, but that service can take quite a bit longer than Retail Ground. I also, switched to the classic shipping page and had the same issue.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Shipping - Retail Ground no longer shown.

Please just go away and start your own discussion.

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

I just encountered the same issue.  The problem is that Retail Ground is cheaper than Parcel Post by $5 on the item I need to ship and the customer paid for Retail Ground.  If sellers do not have access, ebay should not list retail ground as an option when listing an item.   

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

eBay only prints labels for online services that offer tracking. Therefore they do not offer postage labels for First Class letters or flats (which don't offer tracking) nor for Retail Ground, which is a retail service which means that it is available to all sellers, but only in person at the Post Office.  If you plan to purchase an online label, then you should set up your listing with the service that you plan to use.

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

Perhaps this picture of eBay's shipping calculator is reason for some confusion.

Shows the availability of BOTH Retail Ground and Parcel Select Ground. 

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

Right, the ebay calculator does allow for both parcel select or retail ground and no one is disputing that.  But if the seller chooses retail ground then they have to go to the post office for that service as it is not available online and hasn't ever been available online as far as I know.

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

er, why then does the shipping calculator show that in the first place IF eBay labels don't sell it?  (another glitch?) 

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

Apparently the eBay shipping calculator is designed to show how much your buyer will be charged if you choose the services shown in their chart.  So even if you check off "eBay rates" that doesn't ensure that all of the services shown will be available through eBay labels, it just shows what your buyer will be charged for Retail Ground if you select that as a service to offer them.

If you want to see something really crazy, use that tool to check the shipping options for a  letter. The chart will call it a First Class package even while showing the correct postage cost for a letter. And that's what your listing will show, too. And of course you won't be able to print a label for a letter through eBay.

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

You are wrong. Retail Ground is MUCH less expensive. I just shipped an item that weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces in a 16 x 9 x18 box. RG cost $32.59, with tracking. Online via eBay labels would have been $49.30 for Parcel Select, and $48.17 for Priority Mail. So they are definitely different in price. It would have cost $12 more to ship the item Parcel Select with eBay "discounted" label.
Message 38 of 57
latest reply

@chatsnoire wrote:
You are wrong. Retail Ground is MUCH less expensive....

When I made that statement last April it was true.  Parcel Select Ground has been subject to a "dimensional weight" since June 23.

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

I agree with you 100% Having same problem now. Buyer paid $11.95 for shipping and I have to pay $15.61  for parcel select.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

@llnegn wrote:

Please just go away and start your own discussion.

I have no reason to go away and start my own discussion.

I am not the one perpetuating falsehoods in this thread.

This thread is here for all the world to read, and your misinformation helps no one.

I do understand that you have used retail as a shipping option when listing. I use it myself, as do many sellers. I do understand that it shows as the shipping used in your example, but you did not print an "online shipping label" using retail ground.

As has been explained over, and over...........   Retail Ground (shipping purchased at the retail counter at the Post Office) has been shown as a shipping option,  is still shown as a shipping option as well as a  listing option, but has never been, and never will be, an option to print an "online shipping label" on eBay, PayPal, USPS, Stamps dot com, Pirate Ship, or any other online shipping label provider.

I understand that you think it happened, but it did not.

Shows us a screen shot of an "online shipping label" displaying "retail ground", or a screen shot of an "online label record"  displaying "retail ground".

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

@kjohme wrote:

I agree with you 100% Having same problem now. Buyer paid $11.95 for shipping and I have to pay $15.61  for parcel select.

You offered "retail ground".  Go to the Post Office, and pay the "retail ground" price,(the amount the buyer paid you per your listing) and then upload the tracking # supplied by the Post Office when you ship.

Do be advised that "retail ground" for zones 1-4 is only for live animals, and mailable hazardous materials. (ORM-D)

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

I cant show you a screenshot of something that is no longer available. Whats is odd here, is that I have had quite a few private emails from other eBay sellers that say I am 100% correct in my observation. And they agree with me. But for some reason they appear to be worried about how you will respond. You are very aggressive and make comments and statements that are factually incorrect. Why cant you just go away, Please.......just fly away.

I am not perpetuating falsehoods...these are my experiences not yours. I have no reason and nothing to gain by asking my original question.

Maybe it is your misinformation that the world doesn't need to read.

Yes, we all see your posting count....looks like you have plenty of free time. Why not go outside for a bit and play with the grand kids.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

@llnegn wrote:

I cant show you a screenshot of something that is no longer available. Whats is odd here, is that I have had quite a few private emails from other eBay sellers that say I am 100% correct in my observation. And they agree with me. But for some reason they appear to be worried about how you will respond. You are very aggressive and make comments and statements that are factually incorrect. Why cant you just go away, Please.......just fly away.

I am not perpetuating falsehoods...these are my experiences not yours. I have no reason and nothing to gain by asking my original question.

Maybe it is your misinformation that the world doesn't need to read.

Yes, we all see your posting count....looks like you have plenty of free time. Why not go outside for a bit and play with the grand kids.

I am not being aggressive(possibly persistent, but not aggressive) about this, just stating facts. Should I put a smiley face after my posts to make them non-aggressive:)

These boards are here to help others, and posting something that is not true without it being rebuffed is a disservice to those reading to learn, and attempting to resolve their problems:)

What I am presenting is factual information even if you refuse to accept it:)

It does not matter if you are getting emails(messages?) from other sellers agreeing with you. They either misunderstand, or are misinformed:)

Retail Ground was never available to be purchased online:)

You can not provide a screen shot of something that never existed:)

"But for some reason they appear to be worried about how you will respond."

If I were respond to anyone about this it would be factually. There would be nothing to be worried about.  They are more than welcome to post proof here to disprove what I have posted:)  Prove me wrong, and I will eat my words, and make a public apology:) I am not the only one that has posted the information about "retail ground". I suppose I am the only one that has chosen not to accept your misinformation by replying to it:)

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote: ... I am not the only one that has posted the information about "retail ground". I suppose I am the only one that has chosen not to accept your misinformation by replying to it:)

Indeed, there's just no point in restating facts if they are just being flatly denied.

Message 45 of 57
latest reply