cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping - Retail Ground no longer shown.

Hello,

Starting about three days ago, I was no longer shown the option to ship by USPS Retail Ground. I now only have the options - parcel select, priority mail package, and priority mail express package.

When I check the actual USPS site, I am offered Retail Ground as an option. I called eBay, and they said they only show what is available from USPS, but couldnt explain why I dont see Retail Ground. They suggested I use, Parcel Select, but that service can take quite a bit longer than Retail Ground. I also, switched to the classic shipping page and had the same issue.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Retail Ground and Parcel Select Ground are the same service; both used to be known as Parcel Post.  "Parcel Select Ground" is the online equivalent of Retail Ground which, as the name implies, is available only over-the-counter at the PO.

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. But, if as you say is true, why when creating a listing, is parcel select and retail ground both available as shipping options? I went to the Post Office and they said that parcel select is definitely slower than retail ground.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

They are both available, so that sellers can choose which one to offer in their listing.  Sellers who ship at the PO should choose Retail Ground.  Sellers who use online labels should choose Parcel Select if they want to charge their buyers the actual postage cost, but they might choose to show Retail Ground in order to have that online-discount margin, which many sellers treat as a built-in handling fee.

The clerk is simply wrong about PS being slower than RG.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense except for one thing. Just about three day ago, I was able to see retail ground as an option to ship. It just recently disappeared.

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

@llnegn wrote:

I went to the Post Office and they said that parcel select is definitely slower than retail ground.

Seriously?   My goodness ... that is such a wrong answer.  I expect eBay customer service (based in the Philippines) to not know anything about USPS shipping, but a postal employee?????

As written above, Parcel Select is the same service as Retail Ground. 

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

@llnegn wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense except for one thing. Just about three day ago, I was able to see retail ground as an option to ship. It just recently disappeared.

I just checked within the last 2 minutes.

For me, Retail Ground by USPS is there when setting up a listing .

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Hello,

Yes, it is there when setting up a listing. But, after the item sells and you go to print label, it is not.

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Of course not. It's a retail service, available only over-the-counter at the PO. It has never been available for eBay postage labels.  

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Hello,

Dont want to disagree here , but it was 100% percent available to ship and print a label from just a few days ago. I used it all the time.

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

@llnegn wrote:

Hello,

Dont want to disagree here , but it was 100% percent available to ship and print a label from just a few days ago. I used it all the time.

Sorry, but that is not possible. As has been explained twice,  it is ---- Retail--- purchased at the Post Office "retail counter". It is not an "online" service purchase.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

You can check on which services you have used by going to your label management page.  Set the "Period" to 31 days or more, then look at the column for "Shipment Details".

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=LabelManagement&NewPeriod=Last31Days&COU...

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

OK....so I checked...if you look at the first attachment 8076- it clearly says retail ground - that is what I chose when I sent the package. Now, looking at the shipping page, it says Priority mail - 8077.

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

We are talking about the item sent to gcoblack.

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Hello,

They - all non USPS flat rate boxes - now say priority mail...NOT what I actually clicked on when creating the label.

Message 15 of 57
latest reply