cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Error by Seller

I ordered a package and when I received it, I realized that it wasn't at all what I ordered, even though the shipping label was right. The seller let me know, after messaging them, that they had accidentally switched my shipping label with someone else's and someone in North Carolina has my package. The seller then spoke to both of us and sent us new shipping labels so we could send the packages to each other instead which it seemed we were both okay with. But I sent the other buyers package to them one week ago today and they seem to keep stalling and making excuses not sending my package to me. I can see they received their parcel cause I had their tracking number and I can see they haven't shipped my parcel cause the seller gave me my tracking number. Is there anything I can do about this? I would prefer my package over a refund but I don't know anymore.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Error by Seller

Hi, I see you will give other buyer until 07/06 and take it from there. At least seller is aware and will issue a refund on your behalf. Fingers crossed that everything come to fruition and all are made happy with the out come. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Seller cross labeled package. Sucks that other buyer is not cooperating, but at this point your only course of action is requesting a chargeback from your payment source. You can't do a item not received claim, because technically speaking you did received something, albeit the wrong package, you can't do item not described claim, since you don't have a package to send. Seems that the second buyer wants to keep both items. 

Proper thing should have been to file item not as described from the beginning and get the refund from the get go. The seller though that all parties will cooperate, and that he will save on shipping by just having the 2 buyers square it out amongst themselves, but it appears that one of them is not cooperating. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Chargeback is NOT the answer  .  Email your seller and ask them for the buyer's ID.  Email the buyer and let them know that you want your darn item. Tell them that they got their item.  Tell them to send your item rightaway. Tell them to do the RIGHT THING.    Give them a week.  In the meantime, tell your seller that you will give the other buyer a week to return  your item.  Otherwise, you will want a refund.  

The way to get the refund is to have the seller simply refund you or you OPEN an item NOT described case.    Then the seller can click to refund you.  He gets a choice so since there is nothing to return, he does NOT print a shipping label.

A chargeback is a last resort to be done ONLY if the you do NOT get your item and your seller suddenly does NOT want to refund.   Finally,  do not penalize this seller with a negative.  It's an error.  Nobody is perfect on ebay. Nobody.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

OP has been wronged twice, first with the cross labeling of package, and second when the other party has refused to send the right package. In original post, it is indicated that other party keeps stalling and making excuses, which leads me to believe that there is already an on-going communication.

I don't fell that it is up to the buyers to solve the problem among themselves, but rather seller should be the one stepping up and communicating with both parties. They all can clearly see that one item has been shipped and received by correct party, but the other one has been sitting for over a week. Why, because buyer has been stalling and making excuses.

Buyer wants to be made whole, but has no control on the actions of the other buyer. Unfortunately, the seller is at the mercy of the actions of the other buyer, who is upsetting OP and delaying his receipt of package due to its constant stalling and excuses. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

your buyer is a real tool and they are trying to save money instead of taking back a return

asking a buyer to do what you are doing is a fools game

@elcid8428 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yeah the seller told me that the buyer responded twice saying "He was out of town" and that "I got back today, I'll go through my mail and send it out immediately". That was Monday afternoon...  I messaged the seller now telling him that I was losing patience with the carelessness of the other buyer and he told me he messaged the other buyer and so taking the holidays into consideration, if by 7/6 my package isn't sent out, he will give me a full refund on the comics. The seller has been very helpful, I'm just upset with how we handled the situation 😞

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

Chargeback is NOT the answer  .  Email your seller and ask them for the buyer's ID.  Email the buyer and let them know that you want your darn item. Tell them that they got their item.  Tell them to send your item rightaway. Tell them to do the RIGHT THING.    Give them a week.  In the meantime, tell your seller that you will give the other buyer a week to return  your item.  Otherwise, you will want a refund.  

Well, the seller would be adding insult to injury if he's asking the buyer to work with the other buyer on the shipment.  Mistakes happen, but it is the seller's responsibility to fix this issue. The seller needs to determine how to make it right - that isn't up to either buyer.  

The situation is now complicated by the shipment of the erroneously received item to the other buyer.  If the buyer is now stuck, absolutely, issue an INAD.  If the seller plays dirty and refuses the refund unless the item is returned, I'd think that the buyer should return an empty box, because he is in possession of nothing. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi, I see you will give other buyer until 07/06 and take it from there. At least seller is aware and will issue a refund on your behalf. Fingers crossed that everything come to fruition and all are made happy with the out come. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Fortunately for me, the other buyer listened to the seller this last time and sent the comics over. I have the books in my possession, I wrote an honest review on the communication of the seller, and all in all I'm glad this is all just over. Thank you and everyone else that replied for your input, it really did help me stay sound throughout this whole process.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If I was your seller I would try to resolve the problem with the other person who received your item and give it a limited amount of time. Perhaps they were really out of town and/or perhaps they are clueless about shipping stuff, don't have time to take package to the post office, etc. However if they ultimately fail to return the item, the seller should refund your full purchase price including shipping. It was their mistake, after all, even if it was an innocent one. I am in the middle of this kind or problem--as the seller who mistakenly shipped to the wrong buyers. For extra fun, one of the buyers is in ITALY!!! and doesn't seem to speak English. They won't get their package for weeks, and God knows what it would cost to ship it back. I'll probably tell them to keep it ($30 of Bath & Body Works Soap) and refund their purchase in full. I may even have to refund the international shipping cost. I've been selling 20 years and never mixed up labels before. You can bet I'll double and triple and quadruple check any international packages going forward. Expensive lesson!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I guess it's risky to rely on the buyers who received the wrong item to send the packages to each other. Better to have them send items back to you and you send them out to correct buyer--even if it costs more.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thread from 2022.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply