cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped item to Japan, but it was delivered to US address and buyer hasn't received it

I shipped an item to Japan. It kind of went around in circles in the US and finally reached Chicago but then ended up in another town in Illinois and tracking says it was delivered to an individual in Illinois. Buyer says they haven't received item, and I think this is true. What is the best course of action to take? Case with USPS? Can ebay do anything? Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Shipped item to Japan, but it was delivered to US address and buyer hasn't received it

Yea it was shipped to eBays international hub.

That's near Chicago.

Ebay will give the buyer new tracking for the international part.

You are done, if anything happens for the international part ebay will issue refunds out of their pocket.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Does this look right though? Seems a bit strange.

1. Wed, Mar 13
    1:28pm
    Delivered, Left with Individual

2. Wed, Mar 13
    2:25am
    Arrived at Post Office
    CAROL STREAM, IL 60188
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Looks correct to me.

Look at the order details does it say eBay international shipping program ?

I have one out right now.

1000009625.jpg

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I don't think I'm in ebay's international shipping program, but I do ship using ebay's standard shipping. The order details said this:

"Buyer selected shipping service

Economy International Shipping"

When I ship internationally via ebay's standard shipping, the package does usually go to a hub in the US. Guess I'll watch it or contact ebay to make sure.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Which listing is it? Your knives ship just to the US but the other items that I looked at ship via EIS. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I changed the listing so he could buy the item. I do that sometimes.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

That's interesting.

I thought eIS because it looks exactly like what I see all the time with eIS.

What shipping did you actually use? What was the address on the label?

Fri, Mar 15
2:34pm
Delivered, Left with Individual
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I used ebay international standard delivery. That's what it shows under shipping labels and that ebay is the carrier. I'm sure it was going to a US shipping hub but not sure what the address was. I think I'm going to contact ebay just to try to clarify it has actually been delivered to a hub. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I contacted ebay and was told everything looks normal, that it will ship from consolidation center in IL to Japan. Guess it would have made things simpler if I had saved a copy of the shipping label. Thanks.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Feel free to do that.  But, if tracking shows it to have been delivered to the EIS address in IL, why would you contact eBay to clarify that information? They will just look at the same tracking you saw and say,"Yep, delivered to that address". 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@gal220joy wrote:

I used ebay international standard delivery. That's what it shows under shipping labels and that ebay is the carrier. I'm sure it was going to a US shipping hub but not sure what the address was. I think I'm going to contact ebay just to try to clarify it has actually been delivered to a hub. 

@gal220joy 

eBay International Standard shipping (EISD) is not the same as eBay International shipping (EIS). It could be that the item is still on it's way. The problem is if it never arrives you are on the hook to refund your buyer not eBay. eBay International Standard (EISD) is a cheaper service that takes longer and comes with up to $100.00 in insurance but eBay does not refund the buyer like they do with eBay International Shipping (EIS). eBay was supposed to retire (EISD) last year but it seems it is still around and confuses sellers sometimes.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Since you purchased the 'ebay label' from ebay; you DO HAVE access to the original address and tracking number.

Look in your 'Seller Hub'

Hover over 'orders' at the top' and click 'ALL'

You will see the order and everything to do with it. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I do have access to the buyer's address which is Japan but when I ship via the ebay standard international shipping, I'm sure the label has the ebay US address and not the Buyer's address. That I don't seem to be seeing anywhere. It gets confusing for me. I stayed out of the global shipping program because I was concerned about selling laptops overseas and problems that can arise. However, it appears ebay provides some protections with the program so maybe I need to rethink that. I appreciate all your input.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply