cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship by date skipped a business day

Today is January 19, 2021.  Usually the items I sell one day have a ship by date that is the next business day.

Yet all of my items sold today have a "ship by Jan 21" date.  I can choose Jan 20 for the mailing label, though.

Tomorrow is Inauguration Day, but that is not a postal holiday.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's probably leftover bad programming from a year when the MLK postal holiday fell on January 20.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

From Postal Times:

Postal customers in Washington, DC, will see some changes as the U.S. Postal Service complies with local authorities’ security preparations scheduled for the Presidential Inauguration on Jan. 20, 2021.

Government officials and law enforcement will cordon off sections of the downtown area during the inauguration. This action will prevent the ability of postal employees to collect and deliver mail in select areas and will cause the temporary closure of some Post Offices.

This may or may not affect you.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's probably leftover bad programming from a year when the MLK postal holiday fell on January 20.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, but I am in New Jersey.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@nanashouseandgarden wrote:

Thank you, but I am in New Jersey.

Could be that eBay could not code it for just a specific area, and just gave everybody a perk.. Would be strange, but could happen.

EDIT:  but keep in mind that it could be the "left hand" doing that, and the "right hand" would be left in the dark about it, and give sellers a ding for late shipping scans.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Mine are all "ship by" January 21 too and my shipping profile is always set to one business day for handling.  I'm in Pennsylvania.  The only thing I can think of is that MLK Day was on January 20 last year.  Probably a glitch, I'll be shipping tomorrow as usual. 

I even checked my business policies to make sure something didn't get changed.  I got hacked several years ago and they changed my all my business policies and even the PayPal email address so that everything I sold got paid to the hackers PayPal account.  I am actually relieved to be using managed payments now.  Still, I'm paranoid every time I see something changed and I worry something sinister is going on LOL. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply