cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhipped?

I have been waiting on several items from China that according to tracking have cleared US customs, but are now delayed for several weeks if not months. The sellers respond with they will contact shipper (FlyT) and be patient . Here's tracking from worst case (they all look more or less like this though):

2020-04-07 08:31         DEPART_D EST_CUST OMS

2020-04-05 10:28         ARRIVE_DE ST_CUSTO MS

2020-04-03 22:46        USA, Arrvial (sic) scan

2020-04-03 02:44        Export scan

2020-04-02 11:44          Departed from customs of original country

2020-04-01 07:46         Arrived at customs of original country

2020-03-31 12:39           Item dispatched.

2020-03-28 16:46         Item processed

2020-03-27 22:45         Item received

I've ordered and received other items from China recently using different shipper with no major delays like these?  Seems very suspicious to me..... 🤔

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhippe

@pgil2886 wrote:

The sellers respond with they will contact shipper (FlyT) and be patient .

Of course they say that ... they want you to stay idle so that your opportunity to get a refund expires.

Two months not moving?   You need to file an Item Not Received claim with either eBay or PayPal (if the eBay option has expired).

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Re: Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhippe

They won't let me! I've tried and they say I have to wait until last delivery date stated expires.... No matter how illogical/unreasonable under the circumstance. ebay needs to address this!! 

I've told them I'm not too worried about getting a refund (ebay or paypal), but there is obviously some scamming going on that needs to get cleaned up!  Plus I actually want the item that they apparently had no intention of shipping hoping I would just blow it off.....

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

then dispute with the credit card....I never do with ebay o paypal...

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Getting screwed twice this year same issue..

They use the COVID-19 **bleep** line, if that's the case then Ebay should extend their shipping time limit.

But you know they wont..

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

shermanwood
Rising Star

Did you ever receive your shipment?  Just curious because I'm experiencing the same thing.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Here's one of mine:

2020-07-26 04:13US, The item has been received in the destination post office
2020-07-19 04:30US, The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
2020-07-17 04:13US, The item is on transport to the country of destination
2020-07-12 03:36CN, Order departure

Apparently, it managed to not go through customs.
And my post office doesn't have it.  I checked.
Having to wait until Oct. 5 to request refund!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I have several shipments from China that have all stopped moving.

One says it landed in Indonesia in June.

One landed in Israel in June.

One says it landed in San Francisco in Early July.

Nothing since. All have rolled off the 2 month arrival time now too.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Deliveries from China may be delayed.

Shipped
Step 1 - Completed - Shipped Mon, Jul 6 Mon, Jul 6
In transit
Step 2 - Exception - In transit
Out for delivery
Step 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Mon, Sep 21 Mon, Sep 21
Tracking details
FLYT tracking #UZ20070500143KB
  • Jul 15, 2020
  • 7:12am
  • DEPART_D EST_CUST OMS,
  •  
  • Jul 13, 2020
  • 6:08pm
  • ARRIVE_DE ST_CUSTO MS,
  •  
  • Jul 12, 2020
  • 7:03am
  • arrival scan,
  •  
  • Jul 11, 2020
  • 11:59am
  • export scan,
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I thought with FLYT they wait till their containers are full before moving anywhere. It can delay shipments for weeks....and why it's so cheap. Better than paying almost $30 for expedited shipping.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Ebay always side with the seller. I purchased a tank that cost $200.00 and waited a month for it to arrive. When the shipping time came and went I filed a claim with PayPal for non reciept. When the package finally arrived, I noticed that it said left in mail box. I began to wonder how a 1/16 scale item in a huge box would fit in my mail box. Upon arriving home, The $200.00 got me a pack of ten paper face masks. I immediately contacted Ebay, and was told that since I had received my package that they were ruling in favor of the seller, and were closing my claim with no payment to me. She became quite rude and told me that she would do nothing more an I asked to speak with her manager. I did finally get them to agree to give me a refund, but the real kicker is that Ebay sent me a notice that I would be banded from Ebay for being a belligerent customer if it happened again.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I learned a long time ago not to order anything from China no matter how good of a deal it appears to be. There are other countries I avoid as well but China is the biggest one. Where do you thing all those bogus phone calls from Social Security, the Internal Revenue Service credit card companies..... originate. Until the US Government does something about the ability for anyone to spoof phone numbers, Identification............ this will continue. Avoid buying from China or selling there for that matter.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

You will likely never get the item.  Here's how that China scam works.  10 people buy an item from the seller. The seller ships ONE item and uses FLYT "economy" shipping which tracks to the USA then ALL TRACKING stops. The seller gives the other 9 buyers that same tracking number. The buyer that actually had his item shipped will get it....the other 9 will just get a dead end: DEPART_D EST_CUST OMS and then nothing.

These sellers usually give a long arrival date...often many months down the road.  The claim this is FLYT's fault and stall you with claims of contacting the shipper or my favorite "please friend wait a few more days". The scam works if you forget about the item, usually a low buck purchase and eBay helps by rolling it off your items for feedback list ( they get 10% of all scams ). China boys keep your American money, eBay takes 10% Paypal takes 3% and you get NOTHING.

Pay attention to all FLYT shipments.  Let the seller know you're on to the scam and contact eBay as well. Often they'll relent and give you a refund. From then on click 'North America' as the acceptable region for eBay to display.  If in Europe click 'EU' or your country. NEVER buy from China!!!!!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

from now on if anybody i buy from in china uses flyt instead of orangeconnect i will no longer use them flyt sucks orange is awesome

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Keep buying from China and you will ultimately get screwed over probably more than once. What does it take for people to learn that if it appears too good to be true it probably is. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply