cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhipped?

I have been waiting on several items from China that according to tracking have cleared US customs, but are now delayed for several weeks if not months. The sellers respond with they will contact shipper (FlyT) and be patient . Here's tracking from worst case (they all look more or less like this though):

2020-04-07 08:31         DEPART_D EST_CUST OMS

2020-04-05 10:28         ARRIVE_DE ST_CUSTO MS

2020-04-03 22:46        USA, Arrvial (sic) scan

2020-04-03 02:44        Export scan

2020-04-02 11:44          Departed from customs of original country

2020-04-01 07:46         Arrived at customs of original country

2020-03-31 12:39           Item dispatched.

2020-03-28 16:46         Item processed

2020-03-27 22:45         Item received

I've ordered and received other items from China recently using different shipper with no major delays like these?  Seems very suspicious to me..... 🤔

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhippe

pgil2886

Your tracking list looks very similar to many of my orders from China. I'd guess you received the package about for days after it reach your destination country. 

I think normal time from China to United States and placed in the mailbox is about 15 to 25 days

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Several items from China have tracking indicating they've cleared US customs, but not transhippe

That's the problem with all the junk we purchase from China not just from ebay there's the stores like 99 cents stores etc... all that crap end up in our landfills China loves doing this **bleep** to us and not to mention all the jobs created if we just consumed American we don't need cheap 99 cent AA batteries how bout if we had 2$ American batteries made in America imagine what that WILL create im just saying 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

4 of 6 recent purchases from China have been this way.  I did get refunded on the one whose last-shipping-data has passed but forced to currently wait on the others.  Surely eBay knows about this scam?  I find it hard to believe a large US corporation would be outright complicit in an illegal scam but these posts are 2 years old and it's still going on.  I was thinking someone was stealing at the handover between Flyt Express and the local (unnamed) courier, but your explanation makes far more sense.  Also it was almost impossible to find the link to report non-delivery - I was lucky I had bookmarked it last time I stumbled across it.

I currently have 4 items where tracking reports "Local courier sorting centre, Item being handed over to the local courier, tracking ended. Local courier sorting centre" from over 2 months ago.  I can easily see the scam working from all the people who forget after 3 months or didn't think a purchase under $3 was worth the hassle.  Gotta love Google Calendar reminders 🙂

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply