cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

Sold a Xbox One digital video game code. Buyer paid and asked if I can send him the code so that they don't have to wait for the mail. I would of course still ship the code through USPS in any case, that way I would have tracking to show it was shipped to the buyer... but could this still be risky? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Selling

Whatever the item for sale saids is what you do...what if buyer doesn't get that piece of mail?

Buyer might ask for a refund. Is this a "freight forward" thing? I had a few "freight forward"with just a letter size envelope.

Does the buyer have hundreds of feedback...has the buyer ID been around for a few years? Then I have no problem.

A new buyer with no feedback is a "no" for me.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyer could use the code, then say the code doesn't work and file an INAD.

You would have to refund the buyer.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyer can claim INAD after using the code and you will have to refund

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Update: after I posted this question I received an email saying that this buyers account is possibly fraudulent or something. I forget exactly what the email said. I also received similar messages from 4 or 5 other buyers now, asking me to "message them the code so they don't have to wait for the mail shipping. " And every time I get this request I also get an email from eBay saying again that this account is suspicious or fraudulent 🙄. Apparently this is a common scam nowadays with digital codes 😡. Needless to say not going to email or message any codes. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I get what you're saying but they could also say item not as a scribed even if they receive it the proper way by mail... 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@jht.enterprises wrote:

but could this still be risky? 

Every transaction on ebay is "risky" up to 180 days

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@jht.enterprises wrote:

I get what you're saying but they could also say item not as a scribed even if they receive it the proper way by mail... 

Yes, even if you ship it, they can still use it and file an INAD for a refund.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 8
latest reply