cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling item shipped by freight, how do I cost of freight shipping after making the sale?

I have a few items listed as freight shipping but no cost it just says, "contact buyer for more info". How do I add the shipping cost for these if I made a sale on them.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Selling item shipped by freight, how do I cost of freight shipping after making the sale?

@isokernus 

I'm not seeing "freight shipping." I'm seeing "free shipping" in your listings and what that means is that for the buyer, the price shipping is included in the price of the item. 

For YOU as the seller, shipping isn't free. It's just that you're paying for it out of your proceeds.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Selling item shipped by freight, how do I cost of freight shipping after making the sale?

This in reference to my F0555 fireplace listed as Freight Shipping.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Freight shipping | Seller Center (ebay.com)

KrazzyKats

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

krazzykats_1-1673543243075.png

There's a big list, this is only a sample of freight carriers available.

KrazzyKats

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@isokernus wrote:

This in reference to my F0555 fireplace listed as Freight Shipping.

Sorry. I didn't scroll far enough.

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@isokernus wrote:

I have a few items listed as freight shipping but no cost it just says, "contact buyer for more info". How do I add the shipping cost for these if I made a sale on them.

If you sell one, you will have to send the buyer an invoice before they pay, adding the freight cost to the invoice @isokernus.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-getting-paid/issue-invoice-combining-payments?id=4139

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Setting up your shipping options | eBay

I have not shipped freight so don't know what carriers might be shown in the drop down under freight or if any are, or if you can enter one when making the listing. 

In the drop down under freight carriers in above link, might need to contact one of them that services both locations and get an estimate of current shipping cost between you and buyer. Not all freight carriers' service all locations so don't know if you could just pick one to show in the listing. You would then need to let potential buyer know that cost. You should be able to do the cost check and find out if a carrier services both locations online. Once they bought, you would invoice them, wait for payment then arrange pickup by the freight service you picked or take the item to the carriers local shipping hub. 

Just as a side note, it the buyer opens a not as described return, you will be on the hook for return shipping or refund, and they keep the fireplace. 

Don't know if fireplaces are a big thing in your area, but you might offer local pickup. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Forget about shipping.  As a new seller you should not be selling any expensive items like those fireplaces that are also going to cost a bundle to ship.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Contact a 'freight shipper' in your area after you get the zip code. Without knowing where the buyer lives, pricing would be impossible. 

Some have used Grey Hound (buses) but try YRC Freight (you can get pricing on their website once you know the zip, and of course you have to prep the item, strap down on a pallet and possibly 'take' it to the nearest YRC freight (after you quote the customer and they 'pay' you for it). 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@isokernus wrote:

If you sell one, you will have to send the buyer an invoice before they pay, adding the freight cost to the invoice @isokernus.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-getting-paid/issue-invoice-combining-payments?id=4139

And once the buyer sees the shipping cost, they may back out of the purchase! 

@isokernus 

If the buyer does pay the freight then decides it's NAD, you will be paying for the freight to return it to you! 

Personally, this type of item should be sold locally to a cash buyer.

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Assuming your buyer has not paid - there will be a drop down option to "send invoice". When you open that, it will have the item amount and a blank spot for you to add shipping (freight) costs to your buyer's invoice.

I'm assuming this is your question

If your question is how to arrange/price freight shipping - That's a whole other, longer answer - let us know if you need help with that.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply