cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Beware FedEx Surcharges!

Last month I noticed my FedEx charges seemed unusually high and when I looked into them I found almost all had additional surcharges like the example attached. My estimated cost for FedEx Home Delivery was $11.56, actual cost was 3.5 times more, $38.58! My original weight was correct, I rechecked the listing and compared to one I had in stock. I also have the receipt where the package was weighed and scanned when I dropped it off.

In addition to the carrier rate of $14.73 for what FedEx claimed the weight as, are additional fees that include Residential Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge, Additional Handling, and my favorite... Miscellaneous.

There's no way to dispute these charges. Basically, eBay refers you to FedEx, FedEx says only eBay can file a dispute since that's who they contract with, in spite of the fact I'm paying for it!

I know a moderator will point this out even though it's not relevant to the conversation, so I'm supplying a link here that describes FedEx fees; https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/Fees_Shipping_Information.pdf

It's less convenient for me, but in future I'll be using USPS and UPS exclusively.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sellers Beware FedEx Surcharges!

That has been going on for a number of years now.   Fedex  seems to be the worst for it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Sellers Beware FedEx Surcharges!

I had a similar problem with USPS once where they were incorrectly calculating weight of large packages. They notified me, provided a link to dispute and with proper documentation and help of local postal service we resolved the problem and I was refunded. So, the heart of the issue for me is that there's no accountability for FedEx or eBay. After years of complaints and previous posts on message boards, you'd think there would be a way to address these problems.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply