cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent package to the wrong address and doesn't respond

So after I saw track number, I tried to see where is the package, everything seemed normal, but final address was incorrect. Some attempts to reach out to seller, but no respond.

What should i do now?  

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.17 - 11.10.42.13.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.17 - 11.10.13.38.png

  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

At this point, if the seller does not respond, you can't do too much. Send them more messages (thru ebay, not directly via email, if you happen to have it). Several a week, until they respond. Hopefully they will respond.

Go to your order page and check the estimated delivery date that ebay shows. One day after the indicated delivery date file an Item Not received case thru the resolution center. If your order will show that it was already delivered to that wrong address and the seller would claim that it was delivered, you need to call ebay to resolve the problem. They will side with you and issue a refund.

If it was not delivered even to that wrong address, then just follow the instruction ebay gives you when you file a case. If you paid with Paypal, perhaps it would be better to file with Paypal first, not ebay. Do not file with both, ebay and Paypal,  at the same time. 

There is also a chance, that there is a glitch in the system, showing the wrong address. When I mail packages to CHina, for example, they only show a comma " , " as the delivery address. Theoretically, I should be concerned that the package is going nowhere.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

At this point, if the seller does not respond, you can't do too much. Send them more messages (thru ebay, not directly via email, if you happen to have it). Several a week, until they respond. Hopefully they will respond.

Go to your order page and check the estimated delivery date that ebay shows. One day after the indicated delivery date file an Item Not received case thru the resolution center. If your order will show that it was already delivered to that wrong address and the seller would claim that it was delivered, you need to call ebay to resolve the problem. They will side with you and issue a refund.

If it was not delivered even to that wrong address, then just follow the instruction ebay gives you when you file a case. If you paid with Paypal, perhaps it would be better to file with Paypal first, not ebay. Do not file with both, ebay and Paypal,  at the same time. 

There is also a chance, that there is a glitch in the system, showing the wrong address. When I mail packages to CHina, for example, they only show a comma " , " as the delivery address. Theoretically, I should be concerned that the package is going nowhere.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for your respond, it's very helpful, but i forgot to mention, seller doesn't have anything on sale NOW, which is strange. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Actually, all the advice you were given is wrong.  The seller sent the package to the address YOU gave him.  It is your error, not his.  The package has already been sent, the seller cannot change the address at this point.   YOU - not the seller - need to contact whomever is at the address where the package will go, and arrange for them to forward it to you.  You will have to offer them the money for the postage, and frankly, I would offer them additional money for their trouble.  You could also contact the post office which serves the address and ask them to forward the package to you if you pay them to do so, but I doubt if that will work, as they are not likely to catch the package before it is delivered.

eBay is not going to help you with this, neither is Paypal or your credit card company.  The package will be delivered to the address you gave to the seller and that is all eBay or the other entities require. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I agree with myboardid... YOU provided a wrong address. Ebay automatically provides us with the address you have in the system. If you don't update your account with your current shipping address, it's your fault, not the sellers. As as seller, there is no reason for me to go in and alter an address. We want you to get what you bought!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Google that address and see what it is.  China sends things to sorting facilities to save on international shipping costs.  It may be forwarded to you with another tracking number.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Address the same as before, and yet there was no problems before. And my local post office number is right! 

I don't understand how is this my mistake.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Why are you so sure I entered the wrong address? Is there a way to check this? 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

OK,  you say you didn't give them the wrong address.  I (we?) cannot read the screenshot you posted, it is too small, so we cannot see the address given.  Is it in the same zip code as your address?  If so, it may have been an intentional change made by the Chinese seller to scam you.  He sent something, probably a lightweight envelope with tracking, to the other address.  eBay/Paypal only require that the zip code be the same to qualify for "delivered".  If you paid with a credit card, you can do a chargeback with them.  Otherwise, you have been scammed.  You might be able to go to the address where the "package" was delivered, see if you can find any information about it, report it to your local police and get a police report, then appeal the eBay decision with that information.  But that's a long shot.  The seller is not going to respond if he did this on purpose. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

And again, thank you very much for respond. I have already contacted ebay support about this matter. And everything now depends if seller going to answer.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@pickermall wrote:

I agree with myboardid... YOU provided a wrong address. Ebay automatically provides us with the address you have in the system. If you don't update your account with your current shipping address, it's your fault, not the sellers. As as seller, there is no reason for me to go in and alter an address. We want you to get what you bought!

You don' t know, only assume that the seller sent the package to the buyer's registered address. It really depends on what the delivery scan says. Also, it is probably unlikely that they had two orders to Russia at the same time, but the seller might have mixed up postage labels

I had a situation that I purchase an item from Europe. Seller did not send any  tracking. I asked them repeatedly and then they sent me a tracking number that showed delivered (To CA, I am in VA). They simply used a tracking number from a different order. In the end I got a refund.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

They ship to the paypal address on file you're showing a eBay page and PayPal page tracking # on the paypal page which it's showing it's not in the system yet. Why is there a large red square cut and pasted over the ebay page not showing the information under it like the paypal page?

LZ294504645CN

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=LZ294504645CN

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I see two screen shots. In language I do not speak or read.

If you use a shipping company it may or may not have been shipped to it.  I have no Idea what address was shown to the seller: it is the address they must use.

Make sure your account is showing the correct address before purchasing any more.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

OK,  you say you didn't give them the wrong address.  I (we?) cannot read the screenshot you posted, it is too small, so we cannot see the address given.  Is it in the same zip code as your address?  ...

@myboardid: No, it isn't in the same postal code. If you click on the screenshots, you can enlarge them. The OP's shipping address is in postal code 300016:

image.png

But the delivery address on the tracking is in postal code 423570:

image.png

The package has been returned and sent back to China. As of today, it is held up in customs in China.

image.png

@polyakov_49, you need to provide proof to eBay customer service of what the tracking actually says. You need to provide it in the language that is used on that website. For example, if you bought the item on eBay USA ebay.com or eBay UK ebay.co.uk, then you should provide the information in English. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for support. But I have alredy contacted ebay, they have confirmed that seller sent package to the  wrong address, and asked to wait for seller response for a week.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply