cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller purposely ships to another address in the same city

Seller posts item which is purchased by the buyer. The seller forwards tracking information to the buyer. What the buyer doesn't know is the seller got tracking information by shipping an empty package to a random address in the same city. When the buyer uses the tracking number to trace the package it shows all the pertinent information as far as being shipped to the same city etc. When the tracking info shows the package delivered it even has a picture of the porch where it was dropped off. Problem is its the wrong porch. So the buyer chases his tail trying to find out the address  the package was delivered to. Cant get that information from UPS because you can't file a claim with UPS from an eBay sale. If the Post Office was the shipper they'll inform you that you were given a wrong tracking number and the package was delivered to a different address than yours but they wont give that address information out so you just got screwed out of whatever money you spent because eBay says the shipper shows the package was delivered and they don't care that it was sent to another address. They'll ask you if you contacted the seller and of course you did the problem is the seller never responds to anything. eBay just keeps going back to the same excuse that the tracking information shows the package was delivered assuming now that you are the one trying to scam the seller for your money back because the shipper shows the package was delivered. The tracking information never shows the address and only states that the package was delivered.. WAKE UP EBAY!! What eBay doesn't get is the sale was a scam to begin with. The purchased package was never meant to go to the buyers address and the item likely never existed to begin with.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller purposely ships to another address in the same city

That is the fake tracking number scam.  It's the fastest growing scam on eBay.  They need to address it too......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

All you need is a statement from UPS that the pkg wasnt delivered to your address. Neither UPS,FedEx, or USPS will divulge the actual address it was delivered to. You dont need that to appeal.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That is the fake tracking number scam.  It's the fastest growing scam on eBay.  They need to address it too......

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This happened to us on an Amazon sale. Item was over $80. They claimed that it was delivered but had no photo. I told them about our security camera coverage of our property and the fact that we had backed up the video to the day they claimed to have delivered it and viewed the coverage from all cameras for that day. That convinced the seller to send us our item. I think some fraud was going on.  
Security cameras are inexpensive and can be very helpful.  We had a package left at the end of our sidewalk by FedEx and wondered why they didn’t bring it to the porch as usual. We reviewed the porch security camera and saw that the neighbor’s dog was out and was barking and being aggressive by the truck.

There have been several postings on our neighborhood Facebook group about photos of deliveries of their packages but not their porch. I have heard that UPS has hired random people to deliver in their private vehicles. Not surprising mistakes are happening.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This just happened to me. I purchased a Sony camera and lens for $670. The seller had 0 feedback which I know is a red flag but the description sounded legit and I figured buyer protection would cover me. I figured all was well when I got a tracking # a day later. There was a significant delay in the shipping but since it was around the holidays I thought OK but I contacted USPS anyway and to my surprise a few days later they informed me that the package was lost. Then, a few days later the tracking showed the package had arrived at my local PO and was out for delivery the following day. The next day mail was delivered to my home but no package but I got an e-mail showing my package had been delivered. After much searching I contacted the PO and received a reply with a copy of the package address label which showed a package with the tracking # was delivered to a local bank. I visited the bank and was told that all packages they received were items for the bank. A camera was not in any of their packages.  I opened a case with eBay with all the info including the address label and they denied by claim saying the package was delivered even though I had proof it was delivered to a different address and did not contain what I ordered. I am now going to take my case to PayPal in hopes of getting my money back. I contacted the seller on five different occasions during this process and got no replies. This was obviously a deliberate scam.  Why does eBay facilitate these crooks? I'm baffled

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@isom47 wrote:

I got an e-mail showing my package had been delivered. After much searching I contacted the PO and received a reply with a copy of the package address label which showed a package with the tracking # was delivered to a local bank.

I opened a case with eBay with all the info including the address label and they denied by claim saying the package was delivered even though I had proof it was delivered to a different address and did not contain what I ordered. 

When eBay says tracking shows delivered @isom47 you don't open an Item Not Received case, because you will lose since tracking shows delivered.

Instead, you open an Item Not As Described case because the package address label you received is wrong, then use the free prepaid return label to return what you received to get your refund.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply