cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Only Issued Partial Refund after Receiving Returned Item

I purchased a tablet case for my Samsung Tab 4 10.1. The seller has clearly stated that this case is for this particular model tablet. When I received it, it turned out to be a case for a 7" LG tablet. I immediately requested return with the reason " Doesn't match description or photos ". Printed out return shipping label, dropped it in the mail. The seller received the return a few days later but only issued a partial refund (the purchase price only, not the original shipping cost). 

I just found it out today, called eBay, the CS rep told me that the seller issued a partial refund because the returned item had missing parts or damaged. I protested right away:

1.  I have never been informed by any means that there's an issue with the return from the seller.

2. There's no way there was missing parts. It's a one piece tablet case, still in the original packaging unopened. (I didn't open it. It was way too obvious, a 7" case, not 10" case, was in the transparent packaging).

3. It was quite unlikely the returned item arrived damaged. Weighs only a few ounces, returned in the exactly same bubble mailer it shipped to me. If it was indeed damaged, why should it have anything to do with me? I am neither the shipper nor the recipient, should there be an insurance claim, I wouldn't be the one USPS compensate. Furthermore, it's illogical that the damage amount the exact same as original shipping cost.

The eBay CS rep was reluctant to help but agreed to open an appeal on the case after I pushed. In case I have to take it to PayPal, is there anyway I can find the tracking number for the return shipping label? I didn't record it, and couldn't find it in my eBay account other than it showed the return was delivered to the seller. Thanks, 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller Only Issued Partial Refund after Receiving Returned Item

Nobody can give me an answer? Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You did not wait very long for an answer before you got **bleep** off.Ask your question to eBay and you may get an answer.

Call them

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nevermind, figured it out. Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

OMG, they *bleeped* the word p i s s ed in these days...

What next, the F word will get bleeped?

Then the C word

Then the B word

Then the S word

BTW: Just who is "they"

Message 5 of 5
latest reply