cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail international large flat rate box

I looked all over online on the USPS site.

Where can i find/order/purchase  a Priority Mail international large flat rate box?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

USPS doesn't have separate domestic and international Priority Mail boxes. Use either of the Large flat rate boxes, with appropriate international flat rate postage.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I did some research on the subject and a large Priority Mail international flat rate box is supposed to be 12" X 12" X 5.5".  A totally different size than a domestic medium or large PM flat rate box.  I'm confused.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

A word of caution here. Be sure your item would not be cheaper to ship via regular international priority in your won box. Often that's a better deal if the item is not overly heavy.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii 

I have never heard of a flat rate box specifically for international. 

I just looked at the LFRBs that I have in my stash.

12x12x5.5

They can be used for International shipments, but if used for international, there is a max weight of 20 lbs (it is 70 lbs domestic)

20201220_093158.jpg20201220_092651.jpg

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

adding on ...

The USPS site shows the regular LRFB's on the info page about Priority Int'l Large Boxes

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-a-Priority-Mail-International-Large-Flat-Rate-Box

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!  I have that same box you have in your pictures. I even measured it. 12" X 12" X 5 1/2".   But when i look online it shows the dimensions of a large Priority Mail flat rate box as 12 1/4" X 12 1/4" X 6".

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-large-flat-rate-box-largefrb-P_...

Could the federal government have made a mistake?  😉

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Oh i see now.  Inside dimensions and outside dimensions. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the tip. The box is about 17 lbs. so i would save by going flat rate.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

1.  A large FR Priority Box comes in two sizes:  OD dimensions - 12.25' x 12.25" x 6" (top opening) and 23-1/16 x" x 11-7/8" x3-1/" (end opening)  BTW the Medium Flat Rate also comes in two sizes but only one size for the small FR box

2.  ALL USPS Priority Boxes/Envelopes  - Priority, Flat Rate and Regional Rate, Including the Padded Flat Rate & Mailing Envelope - are clearly marked "For Domestic and International Use" in red or blue font.    It is up to the shipper to select the correct postage for International shipment

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 10
latest reply