cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Song: Item not as described.

I am so annoyed right now, I cannot think straight. I purchased some shoes from a seller, but the shoes are not new in box as described. In fact, one looks like it was stored under some bricks and has a scuff where the leather is peeling at the front.  The right side has a indentation on it.  The shoes do have a tag attached, but there is no way, these shoes can be described as new. New with damage, perhaps.

Now, I am stuck trying to fight for a refund. The seller refuses to accept the shoes back and Ebay says I must wait for three business days before they can help. Are you kidding?   The seller has already refused. Why do I need to wait?  Why can't people have integrity?  The shoes are in bad shape. 

I have taken photos to prove that these are not the shoes I thought I was purchasing,  but I still must wait. *Sigh*

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Same Song: Item not as described.

I have over 1800 transactions on my regular ID (and you have no idea which of us is using a posting ID or how long we've been members). I've had maybe a handful of transactions that didn't end well.  

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

wrote:
Only a seller who is trying to scam someone would be looking to avoid me. You all speak as if every seller on Ebay has integrity.

Not true, there are sellers who are dishonest, however, I am not and so are some of the responders here either.  I only look to avoid problems (if I can).  Scammers/Dishonest Sellers do not care.

Again, my feedback goes back some years. I will never spend my hard earned money and keep quiet if the product is a mess, or the seller is unethical. Sorry I just cannot go along to get along.

You are within your right to avoid a Seller here, or on any online venue  to do business with that you feel is not trustful.  It is just that most Seller's when and if they see the Feedback left that is either neutral/negative, they may back out of the sale by any means necessary.

I have been on eBay since '01 and left a neg for one Seller who sold me a bag that was not leather. I feel the same as you, if you advertise leather, then I expect to receive a leather bag.  She was a big Power Seller and it seemed that eBay would not do anything to stop her.  Eventually, her account was closed.  I wish you well, but if you were to bid/BIN on one of my listings, I would block then cancel or pray and pray hard that the sale is a smooth one.  I just want to protect myself if I can.  

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

The fact that your history shows nothing makes your point invalid to me.
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

LOL..not surprising.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

wrote:

It's a posting id.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

wrote:

And, there we have it, folks! This post in a nutshell!

@jetlow28, what @postingid2017 was saying is that some members of the Community choose to post here using an ID different from their buying and selling IDs. Some even use one ID for posting here, another for selling, and another for buying. Call it smart business sense, call it paranoia. It's just what some members feel comfortable doing. @jerrantijunt-0 presumably has an ID for his Community posting that is unconnected with the one(s) associated with eBay transactions.

You came here looking for sympathy, and you didn't find it. But, you're actually the one who took things to the next level by reacting defensively to what you perceived to be attacks from the responders 

Not everyone's going to be all warm and fuzzy, clucking over you like a child with a skinned knee. People do tend to be a little cynical and challenging here at times, having heard many one-sided versions of a story.

It's natural to assume there's at least two sides to a story and to do a little background checking before responding to a post. That's what happened here. You posted, we checked the information we could relative to you and your transaction history, and I'm sorry, but a 27.59% transaction dissatisfaction rate is concerning to a seller. It doesn't matter if that's over 8 years or 8 months. It's the sheer percentage that makes us see that as the kind of business not worth the worry.

I'm sorry you feel as though you've been misjudged and critcized, but you posted, and we responded honestly, based on what is out there for the world to see. Hope you'll have a better experience next time, but if you want likes and shockface emoticons, you'll do better posting a vent of this nature on Facebook, because we tend to call it as we see it.

Belle
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

I don't see the big deal with the FB the OP left.  

I'd sell to them.  

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

No, out of say 35 or more purchases, it would be wrong for me to complain for having 5-6 bad purchases if they were in fact bad experiences?

@jetlow28  You can learn a thing or two. Not all posters are also ebay sellers...me, for example.

Yes, 17% dissatisfaction rate is very high.

Most buyers, myself included - and of course, all sellers are also buyers - never return anything. We toss it, donate it, make-do, repurpose, etc.  I will return an item with a cost of over $150 because that justifies my opportunity cost of the value of my time and expense involved.

To answer your original question, your case is under eBay's MBG probably because the seller does not have a return policy (?), the seller has time to accept the case, and you can escalate the case on the date eBay has given you. eBay will force the seller to accept the return and to pay for a label, you ship it back, and eBay will refund your money...well,

unless eBay decides you have opened too many cases, been reported by sellers for misuse of the MBG, etc. - none of us know all the details of how buyers end up getting kicked out of MBG.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Thank you I appreciate the feedback. 

Message 39 of 39
latest reply