cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return, Refused, Refund Help for seller

Buyer opened a case for “Item Not Received”. Actually buyer refused to accept the item. The item is currently on the way back to me. Now buyer stepped in the case for he haven’t received the refund yet. What should I do? I thought I will refund after I receive the item back. Buyer even didn’t let me know that he refused it. I thought buyer has already received it. I just found out that buyer stepped in the case. Should I refund before item is in my hand? or should I wait until the item is in my hand? 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return, Refused, Refund Help for seller

Wait 'til the item is in your hands and add the tracking number that shows  they refused delivery to the case.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Wait 'til the item is in your hands and add the tracking number that shows  they refused delivery to the case.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Buyer has already stepped in the case. Ebay will make decision in 48 hours. Will the ebay favor to seller or buyer? What do you think? I’m a top rated seller. I don’t want to get the “case close without seller resolution”. Most of the time, ebay makes the decision more weight to buyer side. Thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

My understanding is that when a buyer refuses delivery of a shipment they lose their buyer  protection.

When the item is returned to you the right thing to do is refund the buyer.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Did it show delivered at all. If it did make sure it wasn't carefully opened and switched. I had one that it was delivered and then picked back up as refused. The buyer/scammer opened the bottom and took the item out stuffing the box with trash and sent it back. 

All that trouble for a item less than $10. I put them on the radar of their Post Office and reported them to the Postal Inspectors. Appealed and won the case. What sealed it was it was delivered on a Friday, shipped back the following Monday. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Hello Dear. Refund The Buyer. As Ebay Team Doesnt Check The Tracking Details Or Any Details They Blame You Only And Defect Rated Count On Your Account So Better Refund To Buyer Dear. Thanks...

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Hello Dear. Refund The Buyer. As Ebay Team Doesnt Check The Tracking Details Or Any Details They Blame You Only And Defect Rated Count On Your Account So Better Refund To Buyer Dear. Thanks...
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@jvec777 

eBay considers any attempted delivery as "Delivered"

First … make sure to enter the tracking # into the case.

Contact eBay by email or Social Media (Phone service is unavailable right now during the COVID crisis)

Tell them to look at the tracking where it shows "Refused"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Click "read our full policy"

Click "whats covered"

Click "when a buyer doesn't receive an item"

Buyer obligations

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Use the "email us" link at the bottom of the MBG policy page that I linked above

or

https://facebook.com/ebay

https://twitter.com/askebay

Use Private Messaging on the Social sites. Do not post any personal information on the public page.

Messaging is not chat … someone will get back to you, so enter all pertinent information into your message. Your selling ID, the buyer's ID, the case #, the tracking number and the fact that the package was refused.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

The item has just delivered back to me 20 min ago but I can not refund because buyer has already stepped in the case. What should I do now to avoid “case closed without seller resolution”?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

It is an almost $1000 laptop. If the item has never arrived back to me, I would loose all that money. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

The item has just arrived back to me 20 min ago but I can’t refund because buyer has already stepped in the case. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Load your tracking number into the case. You can also enter 'Delivery Refused' into the case notes. Good luck!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Now Ebay Handle The Case. When They Check If Check Then They Blamed You Why You Not Refund The Buyer. Why You Wait For Item Return. Now Defect Count On Your Account. Do Reply Us What Happened At Last...

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Yes, they did blame me. They didn’t even look at the tracking info. Here’s the copy of eBay’s decision.

We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund.

We didn’t receive valid proof of delivery from you. Sellers must provide tracking info showing the item was delivered. For items over US $750.00, shipping with signature confirmation is also required.

of course I uploaded the tracking. I purchased signature confirmation and insurance, ebay even didn’t read the whole case. Ebay didn’t even know about buyer refused to accept the package. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

You can appeal the case, so you can get your eBay fees back. It was likely automatically refunded because the computer program didn't see a delivery. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply