cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGARDING A TRACKING NUMBER

Hey Friends, I have a question. One of my shipments which was done already and uploaded the tracking number, has a small issue on the tracking details which are not shown through the eBay site. Other tracking numbers which the items shipped for US worked fine but this particular one which was shipped to Canada doesn't seems to be working due to the "Excellent technology advance" in Sri Lanka.

When I checked from the tracking sites outside the eBay, it shows that its still in route to Canada and on its way. I have explained this to the buyer too. But my problem is how much of a risk is this? Will I ever know when it gets delivered to the buyer unless the buyer say it to me? Will this be shown as "tracking number provided" forever when clicked on the tracking number? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: REGARDING A TRACKING NUMBER

Just from my personal experience, It sounds to me like it may be a glitch between hand-off between postal agencies Sri Lanka to Canada. Some countries don't register thru- tracking. I just had a shipment come from Switzerland with NO tracking once it left the EU. I've had several in the past have the same issue as well.

I had to let the seller know in this case that it arrived. To  this day, that order still shows as shipped, with no updates nor delivery.

It can be problematic for a seller if the buyer opens a justified ( or false) INR, because the tracking will only reflect the fact the item was mailed, but not if it made it to the recipients country, made it through customs, or more.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You need to show online proof to the buyer that their item is still in transit with the tracking number. Did you use a different courier & their tracking number isn't showing up in the ebay system? If the tracking number for some reason isn't showing updates in the ebay system, then take a snapshot from the courier's website showing the parcel as still in transit & send the screenshot to the buyer via the ebay system.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

All the shipments were done from through the same shipping line. And yes I keep updating the buyer sending them the screenshot and link to the tracking site where it shows the current status of the package. I don't know the reason for this tracking number to not work properly. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No one can help you as we do not live in Sri Lanka. Try your own country's discussion board for help.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Just from my personal experience, It sounds to me like it may be a glitch between hand-off between postal agencies Sri Lanka to Canada. Some countries don't register thru- tracking. I just had a shipment come from Switzerland with NO tracking once it left the EU. I've had several in the past have the same issue as well.

I had to let the seller know in this case that it arrived. To  this day, that order still shows as shipped, with no updates nor delivery.

It can be problematic for a seller if the buyer opens a justified ( or false) INR, because the tracking will only reflect the fact the item was mailed, but not if it made it to the recipients country, made it through customs, or more.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@shashedevind0 

You should get notice of this if you have provided valid tracking nos.  You may want to remind the buyer very politely that it's the holiday season and the mail tends to slow down due to the holiday season.  Keep an eye on this and keep checking to see if the tracking info has advanced to the next destination for eventual delivery.  Stay communicative too.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Shashen... Reading further, I think that that parcel you sent wasn't scanned as " accepted" at your local Post Office. Its on the move, but may or may not get scanned for the entire trip.

That also occurs everywhere, not just Sri Lanka. If you bring your items personally to your PO to ship, make sure they SCAN them, and provide you with a receipt specifying that it was scanned and accepted.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you very much @spark-chaser1 That's what I need to know the most. I keep updating the buyer from time to time just because I am scared if something goes wrong. 

"To  this day, that order still shows as shipped, with no updates nor delivery." This is the thing that upsets me the most.  

I will be more careful on issues like these which would happen in future. Thank you once again.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Oh I am sorry. But just wanted to know where I would end finally with an issue like this. Thank you anyway @coolections ^^

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I know you, Shashen.

My advice, is to BE SHASHEN. That works every single time.😉

keep the buyer informed, and you will be ok.👍

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I update the buyer with each and every change in the shipment. From the day I have given the tracking number up to this point I update him explaining the holiday situations and al. And also I check the tracking number each day on eBay whether an update is available or not. Fingers crossed and hope nothing bad happens. Hehe. Thank you soo much @ckimodog I will stay communicative for sure. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sure @spark-chaser1 I will. I haven't done this in my previous ones and I will do this in future ones for sure. It might be the reason for this particular tracking number to not be shown. Thank you soo much once again. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply