cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

What is "the item page"?
Message 46 of 294
latest reply

Where is the "item page"?
Message 47 of 294
latest reply

I have the same question. Where is the item page?
Message 48 of 294
latest reply

@lgauthi wrote:
What is "the item page"?

He means the listing page, but the "View purchased item" link that he refers to only appears if it's a Sold listing being viewed by the seller. In that case, the seller sees these links at the top of the listing page:

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 5.05.40 AM.png

Message 49 of 294
latest reply

I also am very upset with this change. Bring back the PRINT buttton eBay!

It has happened before on eBay a couple of years ago. Their security techs may have a concern about identity theft or improper use of listings, but I think it is a mistake to remove this utilitty. It offers buyers and sellers and collectors a simple way to catalog accurate prices and values.

Is it possible that another commercial interest like Worthpoint.com has contracted with eBay to eliminate this feature and force more buyers/sellers to subscribe to their website? How's that for a conspiracy?

And for those people who think the print button wastes paper, many of us print listings as PDF files. No trees are ever harmed in making those kilobytes.

Message 50 of 294
latest reply

mbrbkr wrote: ... And for those people who think the print button wastes paper, many of us print listings as PDF files. ...

Remember, the OP wanted to literally print a copy to include in the package he sent.  Also, we've run into a semantics situation -- when I save as a PDF, I call it saving not printing. Maybe it's a PC vs Mac thing.

Message 51 of 294
latest reply

@notrs*jane wrote:
when I save as a PDF, I call it saving not printing. Maybe it's a PC vs Mac thing.

Might be. Some of my Mac applications read "Print to PDF. . . ."

Message 52 of 294
latest reply

i don't find a "view purchased item" option. HELP
Message 53 of 294
latest reply

@novcr wrote:
i don't find a "view purchased item" option. HELP

The "View purchased item" link is available only to SELLERS on their SOLD items.  There is no apparent option for unsold items or for buyers to print their purchased items.

Message 54 of 294
latest reply

I called ebay &  they have changed things. Now you have to go to purchased history & click leave feedback for the item you want to print. Put you pointer over the order details when the window opens click view purchased item & the old print link with Listing summary.Sellers description& Listing images appears at the top of the page. Its a not easy anymore but it works the same.

Message 55 of 294
latest reply

Ebay has made some not so great changes. Now you have to go to your purchase history Click leave feedback for the item you want printed. Put your pointer over the order details link & it will open a window click view purchased item & the old print link with listing summary,sellers description, & listing images is at the top

Message 56 of 294
latest reply

I didn't know about the "Leave Feedback" method of finding the Print function for a purchased item. Nice. I called and they told me to click on the "#sold" link next to "O available".  Then to the right is a tiny link "More Actions" right under the View Order Details. Click on that link and at the top of the list is "View Purchased Items"!!

Personally, I think the these links that we have found are remnants of this dastardly modification by ebay and once they find them, they will be eliminated, too. Ebay never ceases to amaze me with their seemingly drug-crazed, empty-headed changes. This one is right up there, too.

Message 57 of 294
latest reply

bubba5234 wrote: ... go to your purchase history Click leave feedback for the item you want printed. Put your pointer over the order details link & it will open a window click view purchased item ....

Wow, talk about buried treasure!  And even more astonishing, the customer service rep had useful up-to-date information!

Now, that still leaves us needing a way to access that Print page for (1) items we've already left purchases for and (2) unsold items.

Message 58 of 294
latest reply

and 3) items we have not purchased ourselves but on which we would like to track Best Offer purchase prices

Message 59 of 294
latest reply

(1) items we've already left feedback for

Message 60 of 294
latest reply