cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal System Slow Down Definitely Here

I am noticing it more and more here at eBay and elsewhere.  Mail is slowing down sometimes unexplained for 4-6 weeks.  I had a book sit for 6 weeks in Lexington, Kentucky; 30 miles away.  And a reliable seller in Lakeland, Florida now has packages delayed a month.  What can be done?  How do we as a community address this?  Help us out eBay, it is your business too.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Postal System Slow Down Definitely Here

@stepac_tdkiyxqiy wrote:

I am noticing it more and more here at eBay and elsewhere.  Mail is slowing down sometimes unexplained for 4-6 weeks.  I had a book sit for 6 weeks in Lexington, Kentucky; 30 miles away.  And a reliable seller in Lakeland, Florida now has packages delayed a month.  What can be done?  How do we as a community address this?  Help us out eBay, it is your business too.

As much as we wish it were so but eBay can't control the postal system.  I do wish that they would put longer estimated delivery dates on sellers listings so as to not to give buyers unrealistic delivery dates.  The dates that ebay gives normally for media mail deliveries are wrong for me about 80% of the time in NORMAL times.

These are not normal times.

I rarely use Media Mail normally since most of the items I sell do not qualify.  Media mail from Tucson AZ goes to CA before heading back east so it can easily take more than the 10 days that ebay allows. 

USPS Media mail and ground shipments only move when there is room on the truck. 

If an item is needed sooner I suggest asking the seller if you can PAY to upgrade to a different shipping service.  Under 15.9oz can ship 1st class and Priority for over. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Postal problems are apparently not universal.....Mine, including a one  media mail, are being delivered as quickly as before.......even from PA to Cal........Media, mailed 8/25 is in Minnesota for delivery.....rest from 8/25 are delivered with no holdups.......  Not meaning to imply there aren't problems, just that I (plus Better Half) have been lucky enough not to have them.

On one of the podcasts, either Jamie or Jordan were definitely indicating disgust with USPS saying that ebay, as one of the top users of USPS, was always accorded respect and responsiveness from them in the past......now, not.  So they are aware, but apparently stymied..........

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@dhbookds. I've been impressed with the speed of my priority package deliveries.... they have been taking just 2 days where they were taking 3 or 4

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

VOTE

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm another of the lucky ones who has received great service, both coming and going. Fingers crossed...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I know.  I have 2 orders that tracked by USPS as out for delivery, but weeks later dont show as delivered. If the buyer left feedback, then I know they got it, but Ebay still shows as not delivered.  Others, I contact the body and ask how they like the item, to get an idea of if the item was received. 

Not a problem unless the buyer decides to say item not received, then stuck to replace since not showing delivered. 

And I read that in the last quarter, the post office is increasing rates. Makes no sense.

I have noticed Fed Ex is delivering items rather than turning over to the post office for delivery on Smart Post items. Great idea Fed Ex!  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Postal problems are apparently not universal.....Mine, including a one  media mail, are being delivered as quickly as before.......even from PA to Cal........Media, mailed 8/25 is in Minnesota for delivery.....rest from 8/25 are delivered with no holdups.......  Not meaning to imply there aren't problems, just that I (plus Better Half) have been lucky enough not to have them.

Same. Earlier this week I had something shipped from NJ... it made it to my post office here in DC the very next day, and the only reason it wasn't delivered that day was that it arrived after all of the trucks had left with the day's mail. I have yet to have anything I've bought online get delayed on its way to me.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The only person that can make this work again is MR DEJOY-but I read he has already done too much damage. These delays will persist for a long time. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

On his behalf, even though I am really skeptical of his intentions, He did say that he cannot get enough people hired now becuase of the Pamdemic, and he is loosing his workforce due to sickness and long sick leave. I still have no idea how in his mind he could have thought that slowing the system down with overtime cuts was appropriate in this situation. He has caused a lot of violation of trust in the postal service customer base. Terribly business plan, or SOMETHING Else. One of their Democrats in the hearing flyby looked at him and said, “what in the heck are you doing”.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been shipping  All my items Priority mail and they been making it in 2- 4 days as well! So far its working

Message 11 of 11
latest reply