cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage

I see everyone not understanding the shipping part which I get the buyer paid x amount. Ebay took x amount for the label they gave me to print...but I still have to pay postage?! So isn't that a lose situation? The item I have is heavy so it's gonna cost a fortune. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postage

- Buyer pays eBay item cost, shipping, sales tax

- eBay takes fees on the total amount the buyer paid

- eBay takes sales tax and sends it to the buyer's state

- eBay takes balance item cost and shipping (after fees) and sends it to the seller

- Seller takes that $ and buys a shipping label.

View your transaction fees in detail here:

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Postage

@ja_45341656 wrote:

I see everyone not understanding the shipping part which I get the buyer paid x amount. Ebay took x amount for the label they gave me to print...but I still have to pay postage?! So isn't that a lose situation? The item I have is heavy so it's gonna cost a fortune. 

Buyer paid YOU (through ebay) for the item plus the shipping cost you charged in the listing. 

From the buyer's payment, ebay takes its fees and you use the shipping portion of the buyer's payment to purchase the shipping label. (When I look at your listing, I'm seeing $105.18 as the shipping price.)

After ebay takes fees, you're left with a balance, from which you use part of the 105.18 that was paid to you in order to purchase the shipping label. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Postage

Good luck with shipping that motor for $79. Should have been a pick up only item.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 4
latest reply