cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage Up Again Another .35 Cent On 1 Pound listings E Bay Profits More

It is like crazy looks like every year in Oct. and Jan. The postal goes up. The tax payer is subsidizing a service that goes up two times a year. So I have to change all my 1 pound listings.  Buyers pay more I hope they understand. Free mailing is not really free.  I just do it for the ratings and small discounts.  Somebody needs to put a check on U.S.P.S. It is like crazy having to up prices 2 times a year .35 Cent or little more.  Just because a service is got their constant scam. I think it is to pay for China to mail to us for nothing poor management etc. The worst part is E Bay is loving it because they will profit like mad in total. at .5 cent to them to fee it.  At the increase of approx. .30 Cent per pound. E bay is cashing in again on unjust fees on a outrages service.  This is just my opinion.   Please excuse my grammar.  Hope all the best.  Thanks for reading my post.  Please E Bay stop feeing postage.  I know they do not care. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Luckily for you, there are other shipping companies other than USPS to use

Oh wait, they charge even more than USPS! Oh well, such is life

When u say 'somebody' needs to put a check on USPS, nobody is stopping you from trying doing so

Good Luck on your search for a more viable shipping alternative

Come back and let us know if you find one

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sooner or later there won't be anything under $10 on ebay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You would think Ebay would at least post about the increase and the longer shipping times instead of putting it all on the sellers backs!!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The taxpayer is NOT subsidizing the service. The people that use the service pays for it. And as for it rising twice a year, well surprise surprise. I deliver mail, I go through tires every 6 months and on average they have gone up $50 per set over the past 5 years (I have been buying the same brand and style that long).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

Free mailing is not really free.  I just do it for the ratings and small discounts.  

Hi, what ratings and small discounts do you get by offering free shipping?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Luckily for you, there are other shipping companies other than USPS to use

Oh wait, they charge even more than USPS! Oh well, such is life

When u say 'somebody' needs to put a check on USPS, nobody is stopping you from trying doing so

Good Luck on your search for a more viable shipping alternative

Come back and let us know if you find one

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If the tax payer dose not subsidize postage.  The what is the Billions in tax dollars every year our government gives U.S.P.S.  go for ?  A explain how to me China can mail a whistle for .75 cent + tracking. The cheapest thing in U.S. with tracking is almost $ 4.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If you offer the fee mailing mail on time fast.  You get a discount it is petty change not really worth the hassle.  But anything is better than 0.  Thanks for reply to my post. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

Sooner or later there won't be anything under $10 on ebay.

Sure there will ... as long as the USPS continues to provide shipping service to China sellers at rates well below what is available to USA-based sellers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

It is like crazy looks like every year in Oct. and Jan. The postal goes up. The tax payer is subsidizing a service that goes up two times a year. So I have to change all my 1 pound listings.  Buyers pay more I hope they understand. Free mailing is not really free.  I just do it for the ratings and small discounts.  Somebody needs to put a check on U.S.P.S. It is like crazy having to up prices 2 times a year .35 Cent or little more.  Just because a service is got their constant scam. I think it is to pay for China to mail to us for nothing poor management etc. The worst part is E Bay is loving it because they will profit like mad in total. at .5 cent to them to fee it.  At the increase of approx. .30 Cent per pound. E bay is cashing in again on unjust fees on a outrages service.  This is just my opinion.   Please excuse my grammar.  Hope all the best.  Thanks for reading my post.  Please E Bay stop feeing postage.  I know they do not care. 

Since this after reading is the grip on fees imposed on shipping by eBay:

It was done due to eBay fee avoidance. Folks use to list the item for the shipping cost, and the shipping for the price they wanted.  eBay had no choice but to charge final value fees on shipping to keep from getting stolen from.

eBay has zero choice in the mater unless they are just willing to get ripped of by sellers....They have to charge fees on the shipping.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@dreamingparts wrote:

You would think Ebay would at least post about the increase and the longer shipping times instead of putting it all on the sellers backs!!

they did post it under their Announcement board> https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Shipping-carrier-peak-season-rate-and-surcharge-update/b...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply