cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial refund for SNAD since I can't return the item

Hello,
I've been eBaying for a long time but not actively. I just got a second case of a SNAD item. The problem is that I live in Bulgaria (EU), but usually order items to the UK using a shipping company's address and then this shipping company ships the items to me.

In this exact case I ordered a basin waste that was explicitly stated as having a tail of 90 mm, when I got it it turned out it's 58 mm and thus doesn.t fit my counter.

I asked the seller for a partial refund because I don't know a reasonable way to return the item for him.

What can be done in a situation like this? Can return shipping be issued from another EU member country, or it should be from the same address as delivery was?

If protection time is still on what should I do - start a return request? What if the seller accepts it, I cant return it?

What if buyer protection has ran out? Can I use PayPal protection, which I believe is longer?

I'm not very interested in this exact case, if the seller doesn't take appropriate actions I will just leave my negative feedback for him... I need to know what to do in thjis scenario when it happens the next time, because I will have to be buying some expensive items in the next 2-3 months and don't want to risk it...

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Partial refund for SNAD since I can't return the item

Technically you lost your eBay buyer protection because you had the item forwarded. The seller is only required to pay for return shipping within the UK. Whether you file with eBay or PayPal, you are responsible for return shipping from Bulgaria if the seller won’t issue a partial refund and tells you to return for a refund. If PayPal in Bulgaria has a return shipping program and you used your PayPal account to pay for the item, you may be able to file a claim for reimbursement of the return shipping cost. The reimbursement amount varies by country, in the US we get a maximum of $30z

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@gkirkov wrote:

What if buyer protection has ran out? Can I use PayPal protection, which I believe is longer?

eBay gives you 30 days after the estimated delivery date, and PP gives you 180.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@gkirkov

One more quick thing...if you open a return and the seller accepts it, they will probably send you a label that is good from the UK back to them because that would have been the address you provided them with to ship the item to.

If you can't return it, don't open a return.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

These answer some of my questions, thank you! I will be grateful if other members help me out on the remaining 🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If itis past ebays thirty day return policy..and you have to file at PP, you will be responsible to pay for return shipping.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Technically you lost your eBay buyer protection because you had the item forwarded. The seller is only required to pay for return shipping within the UK. Whether you file with eBay or PayPal, you are responsible for return shipping from Bulgaria if the seller won’t issue a partial refund and tells you to return for a refund. If PayPal in Bulgaria has a return shipping program and you used your PayPal account to pay for the item, you may be able to file a claim for reimbursement of the return shipping cost. The reimbursement amount varies by country, in the US we get a maximum of $30z

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, this clarifies it - I will have to read through PayPal's refund policy. But why forwarding voids me of buyer protection? I have read the terms and didn't see this... I'm not asking for a "why should", more like for a quote 🙂 Thanks!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

As far as I know, PP does cover snads for forwarded packages,Ebay does not, their theory being that the forwarder could remove the item and ship a telephone book or whatever. But check with PP.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Not Covered

Items shipped to another address after original delivery

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply