cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to select correct shipping method after sale

On several occasions when going to print shipping label through Ebay, the shipping method is not there. There is a drop-down list from me to pick from.

The problem is that the list "does not" show the correct shipping method. This happened this morning when I sold an item. I use calculated shipping on all my listings. I use 1st Class for items up to 13-ounces or Retail Ground for over 13-ounces. But I also give them a choice of Padded Flat Rate (if the items fits), Priority  Mail and Priority Mail Express plus a $1.50 Handling Fee.

This way it's their choice to pick the shipping method, less complaints about shipping.

This morning when I went to print the label which the customer selected Retail Ground (1-pound  8-ounces), the shipping method drop-down was there and the choices on the list "did not" include Retail Ground but it did give the option of "Parcel Select". When I went to Post Office to ship, I was told when using Parcel Select if it needs to be returned because address is wrong or incomplete I will have to pay for return postage.

Don't like that.... So has anyone had this happen to them with drop-down options of shipping method or why it happens (not showing)?

Thank you in advance for your consideration with this question!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Not able to select correct shipping method after sale

You can't purchase retail ground shipping online. That's why it's not in the drop down menu. It's a retail service meaning it can only be purchased at the PO. Parcel select is the online equivalent of retail ground. I would simply stop offering retail ground/parcel as an option. You can usually ship priority for roughly the same as parcel. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Not able to select correct shipping method after sale

Retail Ground doesn't show up on the list of options for eBay labels because it is a retail service.  The "Retail ground" service can only be purchased over-the-counter at the Post Office.   Parcel Select Ground is the online equivalent.  Both services used to be known as Parcel Post. 

For a package that weighs 1 pound 8 ounces, the postage cost for Parcel Select is the same as for Priority Mail.  Just ship the item via Priority (unless it must go via ground, e.g., hazmat like perfume).

If you are using online postage, then you can use First Class package for weights up to 15.999 ounces.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply