cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-machinable ebay standard envelope

Well I've heard others mention this and it finally happened to me. I've shipped hundreds of ebay standard envelopes from this account and others with no problem. Today my postman dropped off an ESE that was returned as non-machinable for another 40 cents in postage. 

Well I just took the item out, reprinted the label and will drop it in the mailbox this afternoon. If all goes well I will see tracking on it tomorrow morning. I did notify ebay for business on FB in case anyone is keeping track of this. The postman says "they" presumably the USPS are "cracking down" on these. Well in the last 3 days I've probably sent 15-20 of them and only 1 had an issue. I moved the item to the opposite end of the envelope for the resend. I really don't want to have to raise my prices. 

Looking forward to seeing what happens!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non-machinable ebay standard envelope

Sometimes the movement in the envelope will create a lump in the center of the envelope and it would get returned. My situation as such and post office wanted $4.40(parcel package rate) more on a standard envelope. I just repacked it with a .63 stamp and buyer received it. I sent out many standard envelopes with .63 on them. Only got one returned....it made it through San Francisco with a post mark...but not to Montana. I think it depends where envelope is also going as well.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Non-machinable ebay standard envelope

I mostly ship coins this way. I put them in a plastic bag, staple it to the packing slip, fold the packing slip and put it in the envelope. With trading cards they go in a plastic sleeve and are folded in the packing slip. I will ship 2 coins stapled side by side to the packing slip, 3 gets put in a bubble package and sent the pricier way. Can't wait to see if this item is tracked by tomorrow morning!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply