cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New shipping labels page

I really wish ebay would stop rolling out updates to pages that don't need it and get around to fixing the stuff that is broken around here.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: New shipping labels page

totally agree does anyone know how to use this new system

Message 91 of 100
latest reply

Yeah, it's been AN ENTIRE YEAR and it's still a mess.

Pay for your coding ebay. 

Pay money for it.

Message 92 of 100
latest reply

Can you explain why we are now forced to put in package dimensions when the package is under the already established USPS dimension maximums? 

Message 93 of 100
latest reply

Because it looks like USPS may have made that one of the new requirements in the 2019 DMM changes. (may not be there now and maybe added in a mid-year update if not? or may be internal policy that doesn't fall under DMM)

It looks like transmittal of dimensions for creation of all Priority, Express, and Parcel Select labels is now required.(still unsure - haven't had time to chase down the final rulings - only saw the proposals), probably because of the changes where dimensional weight considerations will apply to all of them starting 6/23/19

First Class Mail may not have that requirement (again, unsure and haven't hunted down new specs), but maybe eBay programmers got lazy or misread the new specs and just went with require dimensions for everything.

What doesn't PayPal, Amazon, the classic label flow, and others require it? Because they are old interfaces, and likely USPS didn't require reworking the old interfaces - just any new PC Postage interfaces created.

That is all speculation based on observation, that an eBay blue said something about it somewhere here a while back, and a couple of Federal Register documents or USPS bulletins I stumbles across couple of weeks ago.

TLDNR; I believe USPS requires it now.

Message 94 of 100
latest reply

anyone else NOT able to reprint a label?  I get these errors ALL the time...  I also cannot void a label....

and now their printing FUZZY too!!!!   arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

Message 95 of 100
latest reply

You are right. There was nothing wrong with the prior shipping label page. It was complete & concise & all on one page. It allowed us to compare shipping services, included accurate flat rate & Zone A or B box sizes & allowed us to change regular box dimensions & weight all for comparisons. I offer "Free Shipping" so all these comparisons are important for my selection of the service to use.
Message 96 of 100
latest reply

I wish I could revert back to the "old format" but didn't see that option. I had to call eBay Customer Service for help to print my label today. The label had an eBay shipping choice selected I couldn't change it. I offer "Free Shipping" & sometimes the postal zone makes a difference for using a regular box or a flat rate box. They had selected a regular priority box option. For the postal zone I was shipping to the flat rate box was going to be more economical. I selected the flat rate choice & the original choice made by eBay wouldn't go away. I couldn't print with 2 choices selected. The new format does not work for offering "free shipping." The Seller who offers "free shipping" should be the one who makes the choices regarding the shipping service to use within the Priority category.
Message 97 of 100
latest reply

>>I wish I could revert back to the "old format" but didn't see that option

Sigh. Maybe someone else will tell you how to do so. It has been posted literally a hundred times in these forums and a link to a thread to do so is even on this page.
Message 98 of 100
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the new Shipping Label URL is https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?transId=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&itemId=xxxxxxxxxxx

I just changed "new_label" to "back_to_classic" and it works

Message 99 of 100
latest reply

I guess I come to this thread since some ebay bot decided to shut down the other shipping label thread because he said it's too old.

New shipping label page is pure garbage.

Message 100 of 100
latest reply