cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay shipping thing. Where are flat rate boxes selections and or regional rate ? Kinda stinks.

So been selling on eBay for years.  Now this new version / site stinks. I can't ship USPS flat rate or reginal rate. So I loose money I could do with shipping those options when available. The post office still offers them but not eBay.

I read many discussions. 

All I see is some sellers try to ship by picking prioirty mail and say the item is only 2 pounds and they check some type of map. I can't take that chance of it working like that as I can't handle getting it send back via postage due nor my customers be happy.

So where is flat rate ? That is no longer thier now too.

Side note I used to do UPS, USPS and FedEx but once you select UPS in the options when listing and the buyer selects that you can't change it. I like to at times rate compair which gets me a better deal and some times a faster option and then I can keep a buck.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New eBay shipping thing. Where are flat rate boxes selections and or regional rate ? Kinda stinks.

There is a drop down menu that will show other Priority Mail and Regional Rate options.   Not  hard to find.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Use the drop down. 

But really with the items you sell you should keep your options open. My daughter lists motorcycle parts for a guy and we factor all parts that can be shipped in a package under 1 cubic foot adding the cost to zone 8 within the starting price with free Priority shipping and use whatever box suits best after we see the address. Larger items are set up with the calculator and shipped in brown boxes. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For a regional B box to show up in the drop down menu, type in the dimensions (12 x 10 x 5) and the regional B box should show up. For a medium flat rate box to show up, type in 11 x 8 x 5 and a medium flat rate box should show up. For other regional and/or flat rate boxes to show up, just type in their respective dimensions and they should show up in the drop down menu.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@vanman1029 wrote:

For a regional B box to show up in the drop down menu, type in the dimensions (12 x 10 x 5) and the regional B box should show up. For a medium flat rate box to show up, type in 11 x 8 x 5 and a medium flat rate box should show up. For other regional and/or flat rate boxes to show up, just type in their respective dimensions and they should show up in the drop down menu.

It's easier to just click on 'compare all services' or 'carrier packages' and they all show up on one or both.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply