cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with eBay International Standard Delivery

I sold a 1-ounce item to a Canadian; it's physically impossible for it to be heavier. It's extremely light, I used very light packaging. When I purchased the shipping label, it said $13. Now 2 weeks later I am being charged $19? Why is this a thing? I used this same shipping method for other packages, and I thought I was paying for it when I selected the "purchase shipping label" button. 

Are all of my packages using this method going to be a much higher rate?  

When I click "Details" it says shipping label was $13. But I am still getting charged $19.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Need help with eBay International Standard Delivery

Did you use first class international or ebay international standard delivery to mail it?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

. First, you got ripped off paying $13 for such a light item (same price up to 8 ozs) to canada. With other providers, the same would cost you $9.50 + no problems like the one you experience now. I used ebay labels in the past only several times but I am curious, when you say you " purchased" what was the proof of purchase, did ebay charge your credit card, or deducted $13 from your pending funds? The same question about $19 charge, CC or deducted from the pending funds? Hopefully, frequent ebay label users will be able to answer that.

Also, why is it impossible to increase the weight? You can put your 1oz box (padded envelope?) in another, larger box and fill the gaps with whatever. I would think it is preferable to make it a little bit heavier so it does not get tossed around easily. The rates are the same up to 8 ozs. How much postage did you specify in your listing?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I can recreate the exact package. It weighs 00.30 oz. It is in a padded envelope. Unless some third party tampered with it, it's impossible to be more than 1 oz. Because I weigh my packages before I ship them, I don't make weight mistakes.

I checked all previous orders using eBay's International Standard Delivery, they were not overcharged until this month. All of a sudden, I'm being charged $19-$20 per package instead of $13. 

There is no $9.50 option; I just checked Pirate ship it shows the exact same prices as eBay. $14.96 for USPS is the cheapest. 

I thought I purchased the eBay label, when I clicked.

Total$13.00
Purchase shipping label
It didn't say quote for eBay shipping label, it said purchase. The money is automatically taken out of my funds, so I didn't notice that it was being taken out a few weeks later until last night, when I saw a $19 charge for a 00.30 oz package. 

The eBay label is extremely misleading, it should say $19 not $13. Luckily eBay support gave me a coupon, but they pretty much said it's to be expected, and I'm probably out of luck with the ones on route to their countries. 
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don't use Pirateship but I think to receive the lower rate that @martin2001 , you have to contact them and ask for their special export rate. (or something like that)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@stargizmos wrote:

I can recreate the exact package. It weighs 00.30 oz. It is in a padded envelope. Unless some third party tampered with it, it's impossible to be more than 1 oz. Because I weigh my packages before I ship them, I don't make weight mistakes.

I checked all previous orders using eBay's International Standard Delivery, they were not overcharged until this month. All of a sudden, I'm being charged $19-$20 per package instead of $13. 

There is no $9.50 option; I just checked Pirate ship it shows the exact same prices as eBay. $14.96 for USPS is the cheapest. 

I thought I purchased the eBay label, when I clicked.

Total$13.00
Purchase shipping label
It didn't say quote for eBay shipping label, it said purchase. The money is automatically taken out of my funds, so I didn't notice that it was being taken out a few weeks later until last night, when I saw a $19 charge for a 00.30 oz package. 

The eBay label is extremely misleading, it should say $19 not $13. Luckily eBay support gave me a coupon, but they pretty much said it's to be expected, and I'm probably out of luck with the ones on route to their countries. 

canada.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply