cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help / suggestions with a damaged return with a buyer with multiple accounts.

Ill try to make this as simple as possible. 

I listed this item and it was purchased under this users second account on Nov 26th   https://www.ebay.com/itm/112651569408?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Here is the initial conversation with the buyer from account #1   These messages ended on NOV 5th 21 days before the item sold 

Account #1

I’m looking for a bushing set similar to the one your selling for turbo 350 and turbo 400 bushings. Was This particular bushing Set used for similar Transmissions?

ME

I personally used this set on my ******** that had a turbo 400, however this was 10 years ago and Im not sure if I needed anything else. It should work on everything and do what you need it to do, but again it was 10 years ago and I dont want to mislead you. Ill try to look online and see if I can find anything on the sizes required for a turbo 400 or 350 
thanks

Account1

Thanks that would be great. I’m looking for a tool that can replace almost all the bushings

ME

It appears this will do 8 of the 10 bushings ( by my guess). There are a couple sizes that appear to be to large for my kit. That is if all the information that im finding is correct. Its hard to find specific sizes of the bushings online. I can always measure my kit for you if you know what sizes you need. Let me know if that will help!

thanks

No more conversations from this account!

On November 26th the item was sold, it was shipped on the 27th and arrived Dec 1st.  At this point I still have no idea this has sold to the same guy under a second account. 

On Dec 2nd I receive this message 

From account # 2

Hello I had asked you some questions regarding this item and you had said it would do 8-10 of the bushings. Anyways I purchased the kit thinking these bushing drivers would do most of the bushings on the turbo 350-400 based off of what you had said and all of the drivers are way to small. It won’t even do the front pump or tail shaft. And it’s partially my fault I should have asked you to measure the drivers based off dimensions. Anyways would you consider me returning the item for a refund? I’d be willing to accept $20 less for the inconvenience. Thanks

ME

Request a return for the item and i will approve it. 
I will refund you the money once I have received the set back in the same condition I sent it to you minus $15 for restocking. 
Pick any shipping service you wish to pay for, but PLEASE make sure its insured for your sake. If whoever losses or damages it before it gets to me you will be out the full amount and thats outside my control. Sorry it didnt work out for you it was hard finding any specifics for your needs. Let me know when you ship it and upload tracking information please. 
Thanks!

I get the box today in complete shambles. It has holes in it, tape all over , and a few labels  " received in damaged condition"   It also is the same box I sent the item in. At the top is the lot number I use to organize my inventory.  When something sells its ready in the box on the shelf with is lot number....  I haven't opened it yet but my fears now are missing pieces (makes the set unusable) , complete damage, shipped something else back.  How should I proceed (ive never had a return with over 400 sales... ) How can I protect myself? I cant afford to throw money like this out,  and this is one of the reasons I choose no returns on my sales to avoid these types of headaches. 

Anyways any help is greatly appreciated. 

Here is a video 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Need help / suggestions with a damaged return with a buyer with multiple accounts.

"How can I protect myself?"

You can't.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: Need help / suggestions with a damaged return with a buyer with multiple accounts.

did you purchase more insurance then the $50.00 from the priority.  It looks like damage the postal machines would make

As for the different accounts, Im not sure what part that plays in anything. I have multiple accounts and Im always asking sellers questions with one and then forgeting which one Im on when I buy!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Did the buyer open a return request? I would ignore everything from account number 2. The only account you need to communicate with is the account that bought the item. If they didn't open a return request, open the box and then issue a partial refund. The buyer has proof of delivery, can still open a case and will get a refund simply because they returned something 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

He paid for the return shipping and im not sure if it has more than the $50.00 . The mutiple accounts is just odd for me because he asked for the return under the purchased account stating wrong size, and I wonder if this is going to have some sway for ebay siding with him because I approved the return.  Forgot to mention this detail.  The whole back and forth questioning where I tried to get him to measure for fitment is on the other account. Maybe im over thinking this, just trying to cover all the bases before I start the process.  Should I open it up and tell the guy to start trying to get his money from the post office if things are missing damaged or worse? 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Yes he opened a return requestand I approved it trying to be a nice guy even though I have no returns accepted on my sales.  By the sound of it he just dumped it in a used box with no packaging. If things are missing how could he get a full refund. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

"Pick any shipping service you wish to pay for, but PLEASE make sure its insured for your sake. If whoever losses or damages it before it gets to me you will be out the full amount and thats outside my control."

Funny.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@collectibles_tools_and_more wrote:

Should I open it up and tell the guy to start trying to get his money from the post office if things are missing damaged or worse? 

the item may be just fine and u r worrying for nothing. USPS Priority is automatically insured for $50 should there be any damage. Is this the same box u originally shipped it in?

i agree with the other post, multiple accounts don't matter, and this person seems nice enough.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

"Should I open it up"

I know I am odd...but that's the first thing I would have done

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

This is the original box I shipped it in it has my original label and his new one on it. I just opened it up and recorded it. A few pieces are damaged and its missing one piece. There was 2 pieces of bubble wrap just thrown in the box, no real protection. everything was just floating around in the USPS box.  I dont feel like he deserves a refund more than $10... could he still get some insurance from USPS? 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I too would also ignore the account that actually made the purchase.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@collectibles_tools_and_more wrote:

This is the original box I shipped it in it has my original label and his new one on it. I just opened it up and recorded it. A few pieces are damaged and its missing one piece. There was 2 pieces of bubble wrap just thrown in the box, no real protection. everything was just floating around in the USPS box.  I dont feel like he deserves a refund more than $10... could he still get some insurance from USPS? 

That partially explains why the box is in such poor condition, it went on a round trip. If he did not send you back the item in the same condition he rec'd it in, then you need to call ebay. He cannot get insurance once it is delivered. Was the sale more than $50?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Yes the sale was for $80 and it is definitely not in the same condition. Who could recover the insurance for damage?  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

you can, but be prepared for a long and painful process

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

So let me get this right

Me (seller)  sends package off and its get damaged lost etc.   = I need to file insureance.

Buyer sends item back all **bleep**ed up = I need to file insurance? 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply