cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW USPS Shipping Platform called GrandShipper (Love it!)

Hi All -

Just spoke to USPS Sales Representative and suggested GrandShipper as the software solution outside of eBay.   They seem to be similar to Pirate Ship but have a simpler and easier UI (User Interface).  I was able to connect my eBay account(s) and pull the order that is ready to ship.  

GrandShipper offers:

- Commercial Plus Pricing including Priority Mail cubic & Regional Rates

- Guaranteed Delivery of First-Class Package & Priority Mail.  This is tricky but worth it.  If the shipment is in transit or exceeds 4 business days and is STILL DELIVERED.  You can file a claim for the shipping cost and refund it to you.  Amazing!  Some manual work but hey, it is free money.  

- All Priority Mail comes with $100 USPS Insurance instead of $50 (only Top Rated Sellers with a minimum of 300 transactions previous month gets $100)

- Ability to modify all shipments at one time, for example, make all ready to ship from Medium Flat Rate box to Large Flat Rate Box

Still learning more and more as I use it.  I'll update when I discover more Pros.   Oh, the website to sign up is www.grandshipper.com

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: NEW USPS Shipping Platform called GrandShipper (Love it!)

Free money are not free, in order to get them you will need to pay $15 monthly.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I received a free promo with my USPS Rep to unlock Supreme features of integration with eBay.  I think of it this way, 2 Priority Mail packages a month exceeding the 4 days equates to the $15/month or even one package if heavy or Medium Flat Rate box.  Bet if you reach out to them they would comp it as well. 

Another way of thinking would be if unlocking Cubic Rates unlike ebay. Or getting the $100 insurance in Priority Mail vs $50.

If you ship, a handful a day or even 10. Use the free version and you still get Cubic, $100 insurance, and Guaranteed Delivery.  It takes about 30 seconds or less to print and copy tracking back to eBay. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

PirateShip has the same plus even more features for free and has UPS.  And for ebay both PirateShip and ebay stamps.com both integrate with ebay for free.

The real test is when you need support or file a claim and grandshipper hasn't passed that test yet.  Grandshipper also appears to have more limited printing options, doesn't support PayPal, and has a number of other shortcomings.  Still if it works for you great, I just don't like paying fees and still get less.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Address Book?  
Product / SKU Catalogue?

Single Page to print a label?  
Scan Based Return?

Have you used it or just viewed website and based on that?  

Yes, it is new so lacking integrations but again. Was just stating my input. All your reply is valid as well.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I already get Cubic Pricing on Pirateship and Pirateship automatically downloads eBay sales AND automatically uploads the tracking back to eBay so I do not have to do it..

FOR FREE

And Pirateship also offers UPS which increasingly has become less expensive than USPS.

Thanks for the info but I'll pass.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As usual each has some things the other doesn't.  Glad to see another choice though, especially since stamps.com has been buying up every other shipping option out there that it can and forcing all their users to grin and bear any changes.

PirateShip does have "pay-on-use" return labels, and now that UPS has been added is working on the print label page to streamline it more.  Currently PirateShip is working on adding a full address book, as it only keeps a relative few stored now.  I'd have to look as suggesting a SKU catalog, but ebay already takes care of that for me, but would be handy for others.

One thing I have found is PirateShip is responsive to questions and open to suggestions of added features. For instance, a suggestion got them to add support for the smaller narrow label thermal printers for USPS, which countless ebay/PayPal shippers have used for years. 

Regardless, good luck to both companies and may they put some pressure on stamps.com and resist any buyout.  I haven't actually used GrandShipper, so hopefully you will come back and keep us updated as they grow.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@rfmtm  I agree, very familiar with Stamps.com moves in the past decade.  They acquired Endicia.com, Shipstation, Shipworks, and Shippingeasy.  But now they got bought out by Thoma Bravo and renamed to Auctane.    

PirateShip does have return called Pay on Use but has a surcharge of $.25 cents per label (if used).  

Just emailed my contact at GrandShipper and gave feedback.  And guess what, they are looking to remove the Integration Feature out of Supreme plan and make it free.  But, will they do it is the question.

I will reply here if it is 100% confirmed.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply