cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media mail went up to $3.92 for a pound? Am I missing something here?

I woke up to print a shipping label only to see a $0.27 increase on postage. What on the world is going on? This adjustment is killing the desire to sell anything media anymore. 

Did I miss anything? 😁

latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Media mail went up to $3.92 for a pound? Am I missing something here?

@escuintla wrote:

I woke up to print a shipping label only to see a $0.27 increase on postage. What on the world is going on? This adjustment is killing the desire to sell anything media anymore. 

Did I miss anything? 😁

Yes. You missed the fact that USPS raised their rates.

Also note that First Class Package is being phased out, so if you have any listings that use First Class Package you need to switch to the new USPS rate called now Ground Advantage.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

USPS implements price changes twice a year @escuintla : Once in January and once in July.

Media Mail rates are typically updated in July. This year, MM saw an average increase of 7.5% on July 9th.

Current USPS price chart: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

eBay Announcement: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/USPS-Rate-Changes-effective-July-9-2023/ba-p/33825248

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes media went up. For me it is OK because I always charged 35 cents handling to make it even $4.00. Now I charge 8 cents handling to make it an even $4.00. Hopefully the 27 cents is not going to kill your business as you think it will.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would have gladly sent you 27 cents just to not see a post complaining about 27 cents. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply