cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Mail

I've sold a Book/CD set and attempting to chose media mail as the shipping option. It says "this category is not eligible for media mail"  I'm not sure what "category" it is referring to and is there a way to change it so I can send by media rates?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Media Mail

An item has to be listed in a book category to be eligible for media mail.  Your Sanford item was listed in Everything Else.

You can still ship media mail.   Just go to www.paypal/shipnow or take it to the post office.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I see the set was sold in Real Estate Category.

Since it was listed in a category other than books or DVDs ebay will not sell you the Media Mail label for that item.

However  you can purchase the Media Mail label elsewhere like at the Post Office or another online postage vendor. Then upload the tracking number to ebay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As noted in the other posts, eBay's effort to reduce the abuse of Media Mail is crudely based on the primary category that the item was listed in. For the same price as eBay's, you can purchase MM postage at the Post Office counter, or through PayPal at www.PayPal.com/shipnow .

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don’t remember choosing a category when creating the listing. Can you help me with where that is so I do it correctly next time?  TIA for your help with this!  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

dakcountry, you'd first have to tell us the process you used to make that listing, since there are several ways to create one and they may differ in where you select which ebay category to put the listing in.

-Jim the obscure-classical-CD seller
Message 6 of 6
latest reply