cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Mail Shipping no longer avaiable for Action Figures?

Was there a recent change where Media Mail is no longer  an option for the Action Figure category?

It looks like all of my active Action Figure listings have been changed to Standard Shipping. This is significant as I have been covering the shipping costs in my listings.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Media Mail Shipping no longer avaiable for Action Figures?

Action figures have never qualified for Media Mail. Media Mail is for recordings, books and educational materials. Not toys. Your baseball cards and the like don’t qualify for it either. If the post office opens any of your packages containing such your buyers will be charged or you will for insufficient postage. 

IMG_1028.jpeg

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Action figures have never qualified for Media Mail. Media Mail is for recordings, books and educational materials. Not toys. 

What!? Action figures aren't educational!? You're joking!! 🤣

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If you been shipping action figures via media mail then you have been abusing the service.

You are lucky your item didn't get picked up for inspection and rejected with extra costs due.

Media mail is for media product, @ebooksdiva showed a good image of what the service has been and is limited to.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Your lucky none of your packages was inspected by USPS.

It never should have been.  Not allowed as media mail.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It IS significant.

Ebay is cracking down on sellers who do things illegally when they can so so on their site.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@mattpk 

But here's the good news. Your CDs do qualify, so you don't have to revise those listings. Good luck and good golly...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Action Figures never have qualified for Media Mail.

I'm glad to see Ebay doing something about the Media Mail abusers.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for all the feedback.

I was simply seeing Media Mail as an option when I went to purchase postage for my listings of these type of items.  Since it appears Ebay has removed this from the menu, I and others will no longer be shipping these type of items via this method going forward. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have seen some sellers ship puzzle media mail! And for some reason, some puzzles actually have an isbn number.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I always thought GI Joe with kung-fu grip was educational.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

There is considerable, but not complete, overlap between eligibility for Media Mail and for ISBN's. For instance, ISBNs are assigned to ineligible items such as coloring books and pamphlets with fewer than 8 pages.

https://isbn.org/faqs_isbn_eligibility

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I have been a mail carrier since 2000 and an eBayer since 2004. 

Action Figures have NEVER been eligible for Media Mail.

Eligible Items for Media Mail:

• 1. Books: Must be at least 8 pages, containing printed information or reading matter. Books should not contain any advertising, except for incidental announcements of other books.
  • 2. Sound Recordings: Includes CDs, DVDs, and records that contain music, audio recordings, or spoken-word content. Video games, computer software, and blank media are not eligible.
  • 3. Printed Music: Sheet music, songbooks, and other printed materials related to music are allowed.
  • 4. Playscripts and Manuscripts: Written materials for theatrical productions, as well as manuscripts for books and periodicals, are eligible.
  • 5. Educational Reference Charts: Printed materials designed to provide information for students, such as periodic tables, multiplication tables, or anatomical charts.
  • 6. Film: 16mm or narrower films, including positive prints in final form for viewing. Commercial films and films intended for mass reproduction are not eligible.
  • 7. Printed Test Materials: Test booklets, answer sheets, and other materials used for educational testing purposes.
  • 8. Computer-Readable Media: Media containing prerecorded information and guides, such as CD-ROMs and DVDs, are eligible if they are solely for the purpose of instructing users on the use of the media.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply