cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost package with ebay purchased shipping label

If I have a package that has been "lost" (stuck with no updates for more than 10 days in Puerto Rico). . . and I filed a request with the USPS, what would the next step be? My buyer is being patient but at what point do I refund him? Also, it was worth $300 and my son set it up and did not buy extra insurance, so then am I out the money or does Ebay cover it? This is what it says under FAQs under the Ebay shipping label so it seems like they do cover it? I'm confused. 

"Question: Do I have to use this shipping label? 
Answer: "No, but you will have to pay for an alternative shipping service. When you use the free shipping label provided by eBay, tracking details are automatically sent to your buyer and your shipment is covered in the event it's damaged or lost in transit."
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Lost package with ebay purchased shipping label

How long does it take to ship from the US to Puerto Rico?

Getting a package from the USA to Puerto Rico takes between 3-10 business days with fast delivery methods, about 10-20 business days with slower delivery methods, and about 20-30 business days with the slowest and cheapest delivery methods.

I filed where's my package and the next thing you know it pops up on the radar. I also get updates from the tracking number once you visit USPS and, I put the buyer's email and mine to get the updates.

If you shipped out by priority it only covers up to $100. You have to purchase insurance to cover the rest of it.

Wishing you luck it pops up soon.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I've had packages be held up for longer when shipping to PR but they all have eventually been delivered. If your buyer is being patient, continue to work with them and keep them on your side. No, there is no coverage by eBay on a lost package. This is a platform for putting sellers and buyers together, they have nothing to do with actual shipping. Without insurance you will not be covered for a lost package. Stay friendly with your buyer and remain patient. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If you shipped priority mail, you will have $100.oo worth of coverage only.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@pnor062 

Have you gone to the USPS website and filed a package search request? You said you filed a "request" but not sure what kind

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes, that is what I did but I haven’t heard anything back yet. It said to allow three business days. They’re just hasn’t been any movement on it in 11 days and I’m afraid it’s lost. Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Great, that is helpful. Thank you!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much! That makes me more hopeful! It’s been 18 days so far so maybe it will turn up!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

On Tuesday, check with your local postmaster

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Just curious… did your package ever show up?

if not, did eBay cover the cost of the refund to your buyer?   

I'm going through the same thing right now.   

Message 11 of 11
latest reply