cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Insurance pay out

I do not normally bash a business but dealing with UPS with a item that they destroyed and it was insured now I am getting a huge run around by UPS. The website will not allow a claim to be made and there are no good phone numbers or email addresses to get any help, the only avenue left is the BBB and they do very little. I will be using UPS very little if at all from now on even if I am paying more for another shipper. Anyone else experience UPS problems trying to get insured items paid for?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

UPS Insurance pay out

If you bought your UPS shipping through Ebay, you cannot file a claim directly with UPS

I do not use UPS but I believe you need to file your claim with Shipcover based on my memory of posts on this forum.

Hopefully, someone will post a link.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

Did you use  your own UPS account to buy the shipping?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

Not much detail with regards to which item this was or how UPS "destroyed it" or any interaction you have had with the buyer. As tobaccocardyahoo noted if you purchased your UPS label through eBay you cannot file a claim with UPS, eBay has to do that and what are the odds of that happening. 

As with USPS either the shipper or the receiver can file a claim with the carrier and it is often easier for the receiver to do so since the carrier often wants the damaged item and the original packing to be brought into a local store/PO for inspection. 

Damage claims are often tough to handle and the biggest hurdle I have ran into is where I cannot get any assistance/cooperation from the buyer on trying to resolve the claim. I seldom use UPS but the one damage claim I had several years ago took time and a lot of effort, more than should have been required, to resolve. Fortunately I had a great buyer who was more than willing to assist in getting it resolved. As a side not this label was not bought through eBay. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

My rule is if you ship UPS you take on the risk yourself.

UPS will happily take your money but will stonewall any claim you make

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

Yup, been there, done that.

As I like to say, insurance and warranties, good to have until you need them.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

never a problem for me just did one in jan 2024  week later got my check live and learn and goggle that who i figure it out cause most will tell you to call  ebay which not there job  file on ups too easy good luck

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

UPS Insurance pay out

all these experts telling u  you cant file with ups if both label here on ebay very wrong   advice they are telling u  i talk about this many times when a seller here 25 yrs said they cant  wrong info as always i just pop in with my 2 cents when ive done it my self good luck and never give  up on that damage claim

Message 8 of 8
latest reply