cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Package

I sent the package on Jan 31 2022, the tracking show no movement on the package, I contact USPS customer service and they issue a request service, but still now tracking. I don't think the package will be recover, it's been more than 2 weeks. Should I ask the buyer to request refund or should I just go ahead refund the buyer? What should I do?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lost Package

Inform your buyer what is going on.  See if they will wait a bit longer in case it's found.   If not, then yes issue a full refund.  If it was sent priority mail,  it includes some insurance.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I sent first class for over $30 order, it's down the drain now. Is issue refund or having customer to request refund, which one more benefit to seller? Will it ruin my store?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Do nothing until you are contacted by the buyer. Don't issue a refund until a couple of days after an INR  case is filed. Give the package as much time to arrive as you can.  Today I received a package that had not been scanned in 21 days. Many packages sent around the time of the late January east coast blizzard fell into a black hole due to the canceling of hundreds of flights. As my experience shows, these packages may still be delivered. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So true up here in the NE things got very bad 3-4th week of Jan. I still have 3 out there. Contacted and opened service requests with usps but I have also been in constant contact with customers. I have told them they can see tracking details that I did mail within 1 day but the delay is with the delivery of mail and I am doing everything possible to help. Hopefully they will appear soon. A few made it the other day from same time, so there is hope.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Lots of bad weather across the country in last 2 weeks. 

wait for buyer to contact you. 

Do not refund at this point. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sometimes you just have to be patient.

• Jan 20, 2022
  • 3:58pm
  • DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
  • LANCASTER, NY 14086
  • Jan 27, 2022
  • 11:00pm
  • MISSING MAIL SEARCH REQUEST CLOSED
  • ATLANTA, GA 30378
  • Jan 20, 2022
  • 7:53am
  • OUT FOR DELIVERY
  • LANCASTER, NY 14086
  • Jan 20, 2022
  • 7:42am
  • ARRIVAL AT UNIT
  • DEPEW, NY 14043
  • Jan 20, 2022
  • 3:12am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • DEPEW, NY 14043
  • Jan 20, 2022
  • 1:40am
  • DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
  • BUFFALO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 14240
  • Jan 20, 2022
  • 1:19am
  • DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
  • Jan 19, 2022
  • 12:39pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • Jan 4, 2022
  • 8:54pm
  • MISSING MAIL SEARCH REQUEST INITIATED
  • ATLANTA, GA 30378
  • Dec 28, 2021
  • 3:10am
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 38118
  • Dec 27, 2021
  • 4:32pm
  • DEPART POST OFFICE
  • SHANNON, MS 38868
  • Dec 27, 2021
  • 12:41pm
  • PICKED UP
  • SHANNON, MS 38868
The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 7
latest reply