cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

I opt out of International Shipping because of the hassle dealing with International buyers....Oh well, another dictatorship move by Ebay to boost their sales....and infuriate sellers  

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

Hi everyone,

We have received a response from the shipping team regarding this:

"Yesterday some sellers mistakenly received an email titled “eBay International Shipping is now displayed on your eligible listings.” This email was intended for sellers who are already enrolled in eBay International Shipping and also offer self-ship options. If you are not currently enrolled, your self-ship options are still in place, you have not been enrolled into eBay International Shipping, and eBay International Shipping has not been added to your listings. We sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

Elizabeth,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 76 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

EIS is not a hassle for the seller.

Not sure what your issue is but I like the new EIS.

I ship to the hub and once received, im done.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 79
latest reply

With Ebay International, it's no more hassle then shipping across town.

Once it reaches the hub, you're done and Ebay takes care of everything after that.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 79
latest reply

What kind of "hassle" have you encountered with international buyers using EIS shipping?

Message 4 of 79
latest reply

I just dont understand the mindset. I know its their playground but really...how many more sellers have to leave before someone in the tower gets it? I dont mean let go, that already happened...I mean understands sellers.

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

How do we opt out?

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

I echo the praise of EIS.

It is less hassle than a domestic shipment, so long as your item is as described.

You ship to a domestic hub. The receive the item, inspect to compare to the listing, do the customs paperwork, make sure it can be shipped to the destination, and forward it through an International shipper. Tracked end to end. Ebay handles any returns and refunds.

The only complaint I have is on the fee on the VAT if the buyer prepays that, but I can live with it,

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

When you get a few non-delivered items, or slow shipping items....the customer in International Countries will give you a fit through Ebay for not receiving, or being overcharged for shipping....it's just not worth the hassle....but now it's not a choice (which it should be for sellers)

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

If/when you use eBay's International Shipping Service, you ship to an eBay hub in the US.  There is one in Illinois. After that package has been tracked as arriving at that address, your responsibility as a seller has effectively ended.  Any problem the buyer has should be addressed with eBay, not the seller.  

Message 9 of 79
latest reply

Take the time to research the issues eBay has with the EIS program. Most sellers opted out, when it was first rolled out. Now maybe eBay has since addressed the problems, but IMO probably not. Heck, they still havent figured out that Puerto Rico, (an American Territory)  is served by the USPS. They still havent, after 7 years, validated a PR address, and in additon, eBay considers it a foreign country, hence the additional 2% on your final value fees. And they want to do this world wide? YIKES!

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

Are you just voicing your opinion on here or do you want to actually opt out of the EIS? To do that, you will have to change your preferences at the account level. They can't force you to ship internationally if you don't want to. You can also limit your shipments at the listing level by choosing to exclude countries.

Good luck. 

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

@carbideliquidator wrote:

When you get a few non-delivered items, or slow shipping items....the customer in International Countries will give you a fit through Ebay for not receiving, or being overcharged for shipping....it's just not worth the hassle....but now it's not a choice (which it should be for sellers)

Did you even read about this new service or any of the responses from sellers already using it?  Non of your named hassles are in play with EIS.  It is a choice, though.

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

"When you get a few non-delivered items, or slow shipping items....the customer in International Countries will give you a fit through Ebay for not receiving, or being overcharged for shipping....it's just not worth the hassle....but now it's not a choice (which it should be for sellers)"

Can you share with the Community any example of an occasion when you have sold an item and shipped it through eBay's International Shipping (EIS) program and the buyer came back and "gave you a fit" for not have received the item or being overcharged for shipping?  

Because that's not my understanding of how the EIS is supposed to work.  Unfortunately, my selling ID has had no sales being shipped through the EIS, so I have no experience to share in that regard.  I'd like to know what your experience was.  

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

I opt out of International shipping when listing each Item.......There's a green eye you can move to opt out of International shipping......Ebay just sent the email to me saying the listed International Shipping on all my items

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

Same here, even though I already opted out the first time.

Apparently what sellers decide is just ignored.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 79
latest reply