cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Being Returned from International Standard Delivery Center in Kentucky

I have previously posted and have read two other sellers complaints that the ebay consolidation center is returning items back to sellers saying the items are prohibited from being shipped to foreign countries (in my case Australia, UK) and others (Canada, Belrus etc).  All of the items are dolls.  in my case a new Barbie doll and a doll stand.  No one at the call center can say why other than it doesn't make sense.  Messages sent by them to the center go unanswered and no one on this community site has responded.  Does anyone know what is going on?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Items Being Returned from International Standard Delivery Center in Kentucky

There are some New international customs rules that have gone into effect recently for certain countries.  I dont sell any of those items, so I have not paid that close of attention.  I could be wrong but, I would bet that it has something to do with that.  There was recently an update in Ebay announcements.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Items Being Returned from International Standard Delivery Center in Kentucky

Thanks for your input but this is not the answer to the problem based on the announcement I could find on ebay regarding CE marks.  This issue has nothing to do with that.  I cannot get an answer out of anyone.  So frustrating!  The USPS says shipping dolls is not an issue.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am in Australia and I've  bought Barbie dolls with from the US with no issues.  I have looked into Oz Customs and Importation rules online and so far have found only ONE reference to Barbie...from 2007.

Back then it seems lead was detected in some imported toys and here is the line that MIGHT be the cause of all the trouble (I've deleted all the other listed items):

PROBLEM

What is the problem being addressed?

A problem with lead in children’s toys became evident in 2007 when suppliers detected potentially unsafe levels of accessible lead and voluntarily recalled large numbers of toys. The toys were recalled due to unsafe levels of lead in painted coatings. Relevant toy recalls in Australia were:

-          14,100 Barbie branded and Fisher Price Geotrax toys 5/9/07.

Note it says 'Barbie branded' not specifically dolls so it may refer to other Barbie items that contained lead or lead paint.  Lead is banned and I doubt anything Mattel makes now contains lead.

However....knowing about the Pitney Bowes GSP fiasco re banning items from Oz that our Customs have no issues with, it seems the eBay Consolidation Centre (whatever that is) is being equally stupid (assuming someone there saw the above reference on lead).  Either that or it some blanket rule from another country and Oz has been added to the list.  I have searched current importation/customs regulations and have not been able to find any reference to Barbie dolls specifically being prohibited.

I would suggest posting dolls to Oz via USPS in future.  I doubt they will be as intractable.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply