cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item being returned under same tracking number

The seller used FedEx Ground which is just an awful service in my area and FedEx Ground couldn't deliver the item, they were good at playing door tag and ditch despite taking the days off of work to wait for the item. 

So what's next? The seller has accepted my return, but eBay wants me to print a label. Why would I need to print a label for an item that boomeranged back to the seller? 

Is it possible to override and enter the same tracking number that the seller used since FedEX clearly states in tracking it's going back to shipper because they couldn't deliver? 

I'm not mad at the seller, but i'm super hot angry with FedEX and no we don't have a FedEX store in my area and oddly enough the delivery manager on FedEx.com is always unavailable in my area. I spent 40 minutes the prior night trying to get it will called at FedEx only to be told tough luck wait between the hours of 8am and 8pm

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds to me like you filed the wrong type of case. Did you file an Item not Received case?

Have you tried to enter that tracking  number?  Doesn't ebay give you an option to print your own label? Then you should be able to enter that tracking number.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I needed the item by a certain day, so filing an item not received case wouldn't do me any good. I ended up having to buy the item locally at higher price. 

The only thing i've learned from this experience is my renewed hatred of FedEX Ground 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Since your package is bounced back and the seller has agreed to refund you, you only need to wait for your package to be delivered to the seller,  the seller will issue a refund after he receives it. If the seller refuses to issue a refund, then, you can file an "Item not received"  case,  and enter the same tracking number--eBay bots will detect the delivery status, if the tracking number shows the package has been delivered to the seller (Zip Code matches seller's shipping address), you will get your refund.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

First of all, you selected FedEx at checkout or agreed to purchase the item which the seller only had FedEx Ground as an available option. Second, you opened the wrong type of case. 

If you have issues with FedEx in your area, then the wise thing to do would be to send the seller a message requesting a different service, but I have a feeling you'll also thumb your nose at the increase in the shipping cost. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply