cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping Label Creation Fails Every Time on 2018-01-20 and later. Error Code: 64541

Each time I try to print an international postage mailing label for a First Class package shipping I get the same error message below.

"We're having trouble printing your label. We had a problem retrieving the label.

[Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]"

eBay Support does not give much detail on the matter.  Agents and Supervisors tried to resort to canned responses over a few different calls.  They even attempted to push me off to PayPal support without any reason.

On a subsequent call I recevied a little more detail. By not much. Below is the eBay Support response when I asked them to create a ticket for tracking and send it to my eBay Messaging inbox.  An aside for this issue is even the creation of that eBay support ticket took several attempts before the agent was able to accomplish the request.

"Ticket Request SR# 1-144654574449 

Hello [xxxx],

Since eBay is receiving an update from USPS we are currently working on the features and types of services in our website.

This update is with reference to Printing shipping label issue related to message: "Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International" ticket reference to SR # 1-144654574449. We will do our best for our online fxes as fast as we can to avoid any future website issues. We will send you some updates if it's necessary.

eBay

THREAD ID: 1-144654574449 "

eBay Document ID: 52896250007

eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125."

BTW.  It seems PayPal is also having the same issue when I try to print an international postage mailing label using PayPal shipping.  When the attempt is made on the PayPal site the process to print the label fails.   So eBay Support' attempt on one call to push me off to PayPal Support was a useless action on their part.

Perhaps the entire back end server platform both eBay and PayPal use to create international postage mailing labels has failed during on of their internal updates?

Anyone else seeing these issues on eBay and PayPal?

-Vectrexer
Message 1 of 82
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: International Shipping Label Creation Fails Every Time on 2018-01-20 and later. Error Code: 64

Using the USPS.com web site directly for shipping international packages.

Agree. No discount is a pain.

Manually updating related package tracking information in the eBay and PayPal interfaces is also a little annoying.  (first world problem  grinning

-Vectrexer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: International Shipping Label Creation Fails Every Time on 2018-01-20 and later. Error Code: 64

I am having the same issue. 

Message 2 of 82
latest reply

Same issue

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

Confirmed with PayPal Support they see the issue as well.

The PayPal Support agent  I spoke with give me a resons that sound like an assumption.  The reson being that due to the USPS Pricing update both eBay and PayPal server side transactions with the USPS are failing becase pricing on the two platforms for the postage charges is being transacted ad different rates.  So the differences are causing the failures.  

The PayPal Support agent indicated the issue had been reported many times. PayPal tech staff is already working the issue. They are adding my account to the ticket already open against the issue on the PayPal platform.  

PayPal  ticket number for this issue is 11015 

Sounds like PayPal Support agents may know more than eBay support agents.

-Vectrexer
Message 4 of 82
latest reply

Am having the exact same issue, can't print international labels from eBay or PayPal. However, when I log into USPS.com I can print them fine from their website, but without the eBay discount for sellers of course. Very frustrating!

Message 5 of 82
latest reply

Using the USPS.com web site directly for shipping international packages.

Agree. No discount is a pain.

Manually updating related package tracking information in the eBay and PayPal interfaces is also a little annoying.  (first world problem  grinning

-Vectrexer
Message 6 of 82
latest reply

I'm having the same issues. 

Message 7 of 82
latest reply

As of 7:38 PM CT, I am having same issue with eBay and PayPal. eBay likely updating system to account for recent shipping increases by USPS, which went into effect today (Sunday, 1/21/17). Definitely will lots of delays in delivery caused by this. GL all.

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

i'm having the same problem; it's because of the postage rate increase. Yesterday was find, I could do an international label. Today no-  Hopefully someone on ebay will realize their mistake and fix it. I'll try again in the morning

Message 9 of 82
latest reply

Yep, getting the same error " We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]

Message 10 of 82
latest reply

Effective Jan 21, 2018, eBay will no longer allow sellers to use First Class as a means for international shipping.  According to an eBay rep with whom I spoke, this hic-cup was decided upon as a result of the new USPS shipping rates.  It is suggested that you call either an eBay rep or a local post office rep for more information.  Good Luck!!

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

I have tried to print my International label numerous times over a three hour time period ... the same error message keeps coming up.

This is very frustrating.

I hope Ebay will send out a message when the problem is corrected.

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

.....yes! i too cannot print a label for international first class from either the e bay site or paypal.....
Message 13 of 82
latest reply

same issue here

possibly because of the price increase of shipping taking effect on the 22nd or gov't shutdown

Message 14 of 82
latest reply

well that was nice of them to inform us!  so I am supposed to charge my customer $54 to ship a one once item??

Time to send those customer to Etsy

Hey eBay how would you like that!

Message 15 of 82
latest reply