cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Return Shipping Issue with Buyer.. NEED HELP PLEASE!

I sold an iPhone 11 Pro to Armenia. Buyer opened return request. The reason is defective. I accepted the return request. I don’t know how to get Armenia Return Shipping label. I told buyer that return the phone first then provide the receipt and tracking then I will pay back the shipping cost. Buyer did not agree. Buyer asked me to pay $75 to buyer PayPal account before shipping. I chatted eBay’s agent. She told me exactly what I told buyer. Now buyer escalated the case. I received an email from eBay today that I will have to provide return shipping label within 3 days or ebay will refund without return. What should I do now? I followed exactly eBay’s rule.  Ebay doesn’t care how follows eBay’s rule or who does not follow. Where is seller protection? I am a top rated seller. Ebay said ebay has special seller protection for top rated seller but how? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: International Return Shipping Issue with Buyer.. NEED HELP PLEASE!

No, you did not follow eBay's rule. If you can't provide a label you have to send them shipping costs UP FRONT.  If you do not do this eBay will refund the buyer and tell them they don't have to return the phone. Keep listening to those no nothing reps and lose your phone. Good thing you came here.  Hurry and send them $75 if you want the phone back.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I can not promise this will work for Armenia but I can tell you what I did for a buyer in the UK (which might work for you)

I accessed the British Royal Mail site (in your case you would access the Armenian post office if possible) and purchased a UK to USA label (just like you used to be able to do on the USPS site). There is an option for a "one time" purchase. In other words you do not have to set up an account. You can pay for it with a credit card or Paypal balance. You create the label as if you are sending it FROM your buyer's address and sending it TO your address.

You then save the label as a PDF file (instead of actually printing it) email the label to your buyer as a PDF file Have them print it out an apply it to the package.

You might look to see if you can do the same with the Armenian post office. To find them simply do a Google search for Armenia post office.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

He's ripping you off big time, there is no way the return label costs $75, I logged into Armenian post, 1kg / 2.2lb parcel, not package, fully tracked and insured at $500 came out at $31.83, Haypost.am/en.

Not knowing the cost or weight of your item the return could be even lower, go to the website, enter the correct weight/ value and send him this information, ask him how he came to $75.

Do this quick the clock is ticking, contact E Bay and explain the situation, not sure if they will help but i would send the amount the website states for a fully insured tracked delivery add this information to the case, the ball is now in their court.

Additional services:

Parcels packaging, cardboard wrapping and wax sealing  Ordinary notification  In the destination country courier delivery

Summary:
Type of postage: Parcels

Delivery type: insured

Weight: 1
Calculation results:

Service name Service cost(AMD)
Delivery 10875
Amount of customs inspection 2800
Ordinary notification 850
In the destination country courier delivery 1000
Total 15525
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the info. Yes you are right. I tried to purchase the shipping label from here but I don’t see the way to purchase. If I can, I want to purchase label for buyer. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I tried to pay buyer thru PayPal but I couldn’t able to. Paypal message shows “This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions.” I don’t know what’s that mean. What is their website? I asked buyer about it but never responded. I asked ebay. They said they can’t help me. They just ask me to issue shipping label to buyer within 3 days or they will refund. I have to find the way to get label my own. I don’t know what to do. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Pls see screen shot of PayPal’s message

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@2015mhfashions told you how to send them a return label. Make the label at the Armenia post office. The buyer info is the sender and you would be the recipient.

Go to http://haypost.am/en/1371742235

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Forgot to add click on postal calculator at the bottom of the EMS link to continue.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Even if you send the $75, there is no guarantee you will get your iPhone back. You may receive something else completely different, or nothing at all. I don't know if GSP would have helped, but at least the "buyer" would have had to ship it there. If you receive something other than what you shipped, eBay will still make you refund the buyer in full. Expensive lesson. Sorry.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I tried but I can’t find the option to complete the purchase the shipping label, it is only the calculator. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I See a empty box coming back!!!! I would never ship International without using Global Shipping. I've been selling on Ebay for 21 Years. It's cheaper for the Buyer if you don't use it but I would rather not have the Headache of the problems listed in here. Good Luck!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Even using ebay Global Shipping,  still can see an empty box Right?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply