cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer has to pay shipping on a wrong item sent by seller?

I have been away from the forums.

So, my wife just got a phone cover from a seller, and it was the wrong size. To her surprise, when she tried to return it, it went automatically to the return, and she read the usual **bleep** about 60 days return and that she had to pay shipping for the return. 

When on earth was this set up as a good policy? The seller sent the wrong item!

What happened?

latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@escuintla 

Sounds like she filed for a regular return, when she should have filed an INAD.

Go to the resolution center below and choose, the item doesn't match the description.

The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and provide return shipping or just refund without returning the item.

If they don't, on the 4th day, ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What reason did she choose as a reason for return?..........should have been not as described.........the item was not the size she ordered.......

If she used wrong size as the reason......that would mean she ordered the wrong size and then she would have pay for return. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

She ordered, as an example, a 6.1 cover. She got a 5.8 with the wrong number right on the plastic. 

But, thanks! I will make sure she goes to the resolution center. 

latest reply

Can she file for another return? Can a buyer file only one return request, or can they just keep filing them until they land upon one that suits them?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
Can she file for another return? Can a buyer file only one return request, or can they just keep filing them until they land upon one that suits them?

Pretty sure it's just one return per transaction. But what do I know... I've never filed a return request on ebay before.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No, they can’t open another return request.  However, if they contact customer service, they ‘may’ be able/willing to change the reason for the return to not as described so that the seller is responsible for return shipping.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

They could open another request on paypal...........

but whoops.......PP requires buyers to pay return shipping on any claim.......right?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The buyer could join the Paypal return shipping program so that PP reimburses them some or all of the shipping cost. I've never been able to find out though if that program can be used if you signed up AFTER the purchase.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply