cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect International Calculated Shipping

eBay once again is calculating international postage incorrectly !!!!!!!!!!

They are charging for First Class Letter Rate rather than FIRST CLASS PACKAGE rate.

IDIOTS running eBay.

WHY CAN'T THEY FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Incorrect International Calculated Shipping

Actually, I do not believe that eBay has a First Class Letter Rate. Paypal does, but not eBay.

In any event, I had a case recently where they charged my customer $7.00 for what should have been a $16.00 shipping fee. I called CS and they accepted responsibility for the error and credit my invoice with the $9.00 difference.

They acknowledged that it was a “known issue”.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Check the "Package type" drop-down menu in the shipping section of your listing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I checked that the first thing and it is correctly set.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I noticed the same thing 2 or 3 weeks ago.  Today when I put 3 different  items of yours in my cart it showed that I would be charged $9.50 shipping per item to Canada.  When I put 1 item 201070981206 in my cart, shipping showed as $9.50 but when I changed the quantity to 2, the shipping changed to a total of $2.50.  It looks as if they fixed the problem for multiples if the items were different but not if they were from the same listing.

Was the problem you had for  multiple items in one listing?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It was a single listing.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I have been having the same problem since the end of July!  Up until today, Ebay has accepted fault and has credited my ebay account the difference that the shipping should have been.  Today, I was told by an Ebay representative that they could no longer afford to issue credits.  It would be the sellers responsibility to reach out to your buyer and ask for the difference.  If the buyer refusesd to pay the difference, the only options a seller would have is to cancel the order or absorb the shipping loss and move on.  REALLY!!!!!  The rep also informed me that they were still receiving phone calls with the known problem and know that it is still a "glitch" but they don't think that it is a problem with them!!!!  So as sellers what do we do now???!!!!!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This issue started in August....Here it is almost October and it's still happening.

I've called so many times, they still have no answer. No more credits, just more lies from eBay.

I've removed the calculated shipping rule from all listings - better, but still not correct. I'm loosing dollars on every shipment.

It's about time to shut down International sales.

eBay: For the fees you collect everyday, could you please use that money to fix your software?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm running into this issue now!  I have a 2 lb package to Canada and ebay is charging the buyer only $9.99 when the correct amount charged by the USPS for a first class package is $15.50.  Thus, they owe me $5.51 for this one.  I started checking my other shipments and I found another one about the same incorrect calculation. 

Apparently ebay is charging the buyer the international large envelope rate.......BUT that rate is NOT available as an option for sellers to use for shipping through ebay.   

Ebay please fix your issues and then refund me the difference ....plus some extra $$$$ for all my time explaining it to customer service agents again and again.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm running into this issue now!  I have a 2 lb package to Canada and ebay is charging the buyer only $9.99 when the correct amount charged by the USPS for a first class package is $15.50. 

If you are using calculated shipping on your listings, then you need to make sure that you have not chosen the Large Envelope option for package type.  This option is available in the shipping section of the listing - and has no relation to what kind of labels are printable through eBay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

eBay allows sellers to set up calculated postage for letters and flats (AKA Large envelopes) even though eBay won't print postage labels for them.

As noted in the other post, the most likely reason for your problem is that your listing was set up to calculate the postage for a flat rather than for a package.   Click on "Sell similar" for that listing, and check what's selected in the drop-down menu for 'Package type."

Message 11 of 11
latest reply