cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really need some help with shipping items!

Hey there! In my previous post I stated that if I would be able to ship my item w/o tracking number. You guys told me that I would get lots of INR cases and that is fully understandable. Okay, now, let me tell you the prices, ok?

Shipping items from Finland

XS box shipping with tracking number - 40€

Letter w/o tracking number - 1-3€

Alright, ain't that quite ridiculous?

What should I do?!

In one hand, I could ship items w/o tracking number, on the other hand, I'd get INR cases.

Please! It ain't so easy to own a ebay shop in Finland! 

I really wish someone would help!

You can also familiarize with the prices yourself:

www.posti.fi

Welcome to Finland, where almost everything is expensive!

Thanks for your time! 

Bruno

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: I really need some help with shipping items!

Just pass the cost of the shipping on to the buyer either by charging them shipping upfront or adding the shipping to your item cost to make it 43€ not 40
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What's the point of selling a 5€ item that costs 40€ to ship, tell me.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

There isn't one. If you're selling low value items and your cost is low enough and volume high enough, then you might risk the few INR losses you would incur. Otherwise, you would either need a different venue or different inventory to make it profitable for you. There's a reason we rarely see items listed on eBay.com from Finland. 

You might try eBay.uk and see if shipping costs are any better there.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I sell items anywhere from $3-300.

When I ship them internationally I always charge shipping that will include tracking.

You'd be surprised how many people will buy a $5 item that has $30 shipping.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

What should I do?!

OP - assuming you aren't selling super expensive items,   this is a no brainer.   Ship w/o tracking. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Move to China.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No thanks!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

There isn't one. If you're selling low value items and your cost is low enough and volume high enough, then you might risk the few INR losses you would incur. Otherwise, you would either need a different venue or different inventory to make it profitable for you. There's a reason we rarely see items listed on eBay.com from Finland. 

The seller's shipping costs from Finland are going to be the same regardless of which site they list on.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I agree with green night. If your items are not that inexpensive you can try shipping without tracking.  I don't think that the number of item not received claims  is as high as some people seem to think it will be when tracking is not used.  That can depend on what you are selling though as it does seem that some items do tend to get more claims than other items. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@creoleorchid wrote:

The seller's shipping costs from Finland are going to be the same regardless of which site they list on.

I meant target his market to UK. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply