cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to filter out m,erchants who use shipping partners.

Ebay

Increasingfly I,ve been getting items shipped to me through "shipping partners" This means that instead of handing the item over to the post office or the USPS driver, the seller gives it to a "shipping partner", usually DHL or Federal Express, and the shipping partner delivers it to USPS. The problem is that the shipping partner often lets the items sit in its depots a lot longer than it should and the transit time for the package can increase by more than two days. I need to get my items quickly and every extra day I wait, deteriorates the quality of the service you offer.

So I'm asking to do two things and quickly.

First: Require that all sellers who use shipping partners state that they do so clearly in their auctions.

Second: Implement a filter such that I can block these merchants and keep them from showing up in my searches.

I am tired of waiting for an item to ship, only to get tracking info indicating that USPS is awaiting bthe item from the idiotic shipping partner.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I need to filter out m,erchants who use shipping partners.

The name of the shipping partner is shown on USPS tracking in the right-hand column. In addition to those already mentioned, there is also One Stop Mailing, equally pathetic.

To disconsider listings that use these slow services, look at the estimated delivery dates eBay shows on the list of search results, e.g. Fast and Free by Sep 27.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks

I tried that, but the Ebay shipping estimates are not reality based.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just received something today that I expected days ago. The item was listed as USPS First Class Mail. It wasn't. It went to DHL then to USPS for last mile delivery (aka parcel select lightweight). UNACCEPTABLE!

Parcel select lightweight is a third tier shipper (same as smartpost). You can leave appropriate feedback and/or open a claim in PayPal for a refund for SNAD shipping method if its described as some other method. There is no way to do that in eBay.

As far as eBay making a change, that's not going to happen.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What an unexpected disappointment when I ordered a book from a vendor/seller who uses one stop mailing.  I concur with all stated above.  I plan to inquire prior before purchasing with the next seller. By all means avoid if possible. This seller was deceptive, sent me a message on day of purchase, stated book was on its way. NOT.  I did not 'catch on' till 4 days later when book did not arrive.  It's been sitting in a warehouse somewhere in state of Illinois.  Only moved forward once to another holding warehouse.  Extremely slow. Even USPS at its busiest provides faster service.  THE END! 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply