cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalate a return item

I tried  to contact eBay regarding an appeal for a return item from a buyer. I was not able to speak to a representative. I was trying to appeal the decision.  Everything is online and most of the online replies seems to be automatic response. No luck. 😞

I had this buyer saying I sent an used item. My item was new. Photos the buyer sent on the return request seems like a different box. Basically it seems the buyer had the same toy used and trying to pass it as mine. I replied the email I got from eBay  explaining why I was appealing their decision. I asked if they compare the photos. Same automatic response. Already sided with the buyer. Buyer has an 100% positive reviews. I had never had any issues refund money back when I’m fault like errors or new items that could be defective. I posted the photos. I circle the photos buyer sent asking why it was taped around and pieces of cardboard been missed by tape been pull out. My box did have any tape around at all. The response was they taped before taking the pictures to return it. 

Any suggestions?

Has anyone had similar situation?

First time I had this kind of issue. 

E378167C-E4A9-4825-8302-69AF5842C9B4.jpeg

E122D90E-EB07-4B06-9699-1A696CB4A79D.jpeg

B8D1BBAC-2F2C-406E-A5A5-1344AD06787F.jpeg

07B18767-FAC9-4611-8F83-3EA4EA47133C.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Escalate a return item

Sorry that this happened to you.  You've encountered an abusive buyer.  Some pointers ...

Buyer has an 100% positive reviews.

Buyer's cannot get negative review, even abusive buyers.  They always have 100% positive reviews.

I replied the email I got from eBay explaining why I was appealing their decision. I asked if they compare the photos. Same automatic response. Already sided with the buyer.

First, never ... never ... NEVER escalate a Money Back Guarantee return request to a case (or let a buyer do it).  You will not only lose it, you will be punished by eBay.  I have no idea why eBay even allows a seller to escalate.   Also, I don't think you can win an appeal either ... but, if you did manage to get a CSR, then they might remove the defect from your account.

In my observation, eBay CSR's no review Money Back Guarantee claims ... the decision is based 100% on the return reason given by the buyer, and a computer makes the decision.   If they say it was used, then that's what eBay uses.

I had this buyer saying I sent an used item. My item was new.

You have encountered an abusive buyer.  Please report this buyer to eBay so that they have a record of this buyer's dishonesty.  If enough sellers report the buyer, it may get him kicked from the platform.  Sellers have to work together to get these pimples off the site.

You can report the buyer by going to All Orders, finding the item, selecting the drop-down menu on the left, and selecting "report buyer".

Is there anything a seller can do?

eBay gives power to sellers to combat return abuse, making evaluations on the condition of the return and withholding up to 50% for deteriorated returns.  But you have to meet one of the following criteria:

• List the item with free 30-day or longer returns (seller paid)
  • Be a Top Rated Seller and offer 30-day or longer returns (buyer paid)

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Escalate a return item

I’m afraid to list free returns on new items. I can’t afford loosing money if a buyer changes their mine and want a return plus me  paying for return shipping label. Only items I offer free shipping and free returns if I have listened  used electronics. So far I been lucky not having abusive buyers like this one. That’s why I was trying to speak to a customer service to appeal the decision and if they could look at the buyer if they been abusive. But it was impossible to speak to someone. Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply